HELP FOR HURRICANE KATRINA VICTIMS

mac_obsession

Ok if you read anything in deep thoughts youll know how strongly I feel about this.
I know a lot of people dont know where to help if they can, so heres the info

RED CROSS
1-800-HELP-NOW

SALVATION ARMY
1-800-SAL-ARMY

PLEASE BE AWARE THERE ARE SCAMS ALREADY - THESE #s ARE LEGIT - YOU CAN FIND MORE INFO ON WWW.CNN.COM

hazelinsight

attn pls read

Here we are all safe and secure in our homes while others are homeless, being raped, running a muck in theses cities where this devistating desaster has hit. I hope everyone realizes the devestation that this has caused in these major populated cities that hold homes to thousands of people. Cities that are litterly floating on water that can not be used. How would you feel if this happended to you. I know i would hope that someone out there was atleast taking some kind of compassion for me. Right now is the time to take matters in our own hands. Not only should the president be doing his job. but we should be to. Not because were are a country, but because here are human kind. Here are a few ways i found out to help

Red Cross - every city has one. If not that then you can make a contrubution to lowes. Everything is need from blankets to bottles to clothing to water.

I personaly started a contrubution at my job. i dont have much to give but if we work toghether we can make sum kind of effort.

There is also people who take the time and money to actually go down to these places in need with buses to take people to diffrent locations, even there own homes.

all it takes is alittle time and love. If we want to get thru this disaster, we need to show just who we are. Loving compassionate people!!!!

http://www.redcross.org/
http://www.lowes.com
http://www.wawa.com/

Hawkeye

The thing is-that it has been hard to see because of the devestation, many have taken this into their own hands. Since monday the Red Cross raised $30 Million (I think) and $21 Million of that was from individuals.

We already have. Now its the fight.

mac_obsession

I have to say this - holy fucking shit fidel castro offered to give the US money, medical aide and supplies...Beyond the no comment it was stated, you cannot kick people when they are down...
Wow...Im blown away. My bf work at costco, and he told everyone (costco collects for the salvation army & donated 1.5 million to help) that his "wife" was from down there, and got about 80 out of 100 people to donate money, and all were about $25-50...
It makes me feel so good, knowing people are helping...'

These people need EVERYTHING not just food and water, they need clothes, and toys for their children, and shoes...So I am donating everything I cannot live without...

Please do something, even if it seems small...These people need help badly

Shoe Crazy

I donated money to the red cross...I will admit it wasen't much because I don't have a whole lot but I figure any little bit will help.

I thought about packing up some old clothes I have about 15 pairs of jeans in a corner of my closet that I know I will never fit into again that I might as well send off. I figure if I have something I have not worn in a year and I can't see myself wearing I should sent it to these people. Right now I am just working on trying to find out where to send it to where I know for sure it will end up getting to the people of new orleans or mississippi. I could drop it off at anyone of those donation trucks but I want a guarantee it get to those people in need.

mac_obsession

Im donating a bunch of stuff for kids...I know people gotta eat and drink, but if it was me, I would be worried about what was going through my daughters head, so dont forget to donate toys and stuff for children...

Hawkeye

I know a lot of people have very high opinions on that topicbut I must say I think Kayne West needs to get a life. I used to love him but after that comment , I am sorry I cannot respect him. Not because I like the President I just think it was rude, crass, and uncalled for.

Shoe Crazy

Kanye West should stick to making music. That was not the time nor the place for such a comment. He has every right to his opinion but it was uncalled for at the time. I was a fan of his music but I have no respect for the man himself.

askewchick

Threadless.com Hurricane Relief Effort - T-shirts

Hey everyone,

This is not entirely related, but it is a good way for those with less money to donate to the hurricane relief. Threadless.com is an ongoing t-shirt design contest where people contribute designs and vote on the designs of others (the most popular are made into t-shirts and are sold through the website).

Well, the wonderful people behind Threadless have designed http://www.threadless.com/product/30...etteam=blythed a special t-shirt specifically for Katrina. It sends the message out there and costs $10. The big deal behind this is that for every $10 t-shirt sold, Threadless will donate $20 to the relief fund! Double what you've paid for the shirt!
smallphoto.jpg

The link above takes you straight to the shirt. It comes in girly sizes as well as male ones. Spread the word, people!

By the way, I am NOT trying to spam communities with this. I think the chance for people to double their donation to the fund and getting something for it as well is just a great opportunity for those with less money to donate, but who want to help. If this breaks community rules, please feel free to delete this post. I don't want to rock the boat.

mac_obsession

Kanye west can rap his ass off, but he isnt the most eloquent of speakers. His comments were crass, rude and just uncalled for. As much as I HATE bush I think his comments made him look ignorant and stupid.

melozburngr

I really like that shirt! I wish they had them in women's sizes... everyone email them and ask for a reprint!!!
smiles.gif

Spam.n.Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
I know a lot of people have very high opinions on that topicbut I must say I think Kayne West needs to get a life. I used to love him but after that comment , I am sorry I cannot respect him. Not because I like the President I just think it was rude, crass, and uncalled for.

What exactly did he say? Sorry I'm just currious...I don't own a t.v. yet.

mspixieears

Actually, I'm with Spam'n'Rice...except I have a TV and still don't know what Kanye West said.

Is there any way overseas persons without credit cards can help? Any addresses we can send goods donations to?

mspixieears

Sorry for posting again; not sure exactly if this works but given the amount of clicking I do in a day online as many of us do you might like to consider the following:

http://www.thehungersite.com

It says that by clicking, sponsors are obligated to pay an amount to Mercy Corps (directly involved with helping Katrina victims) and America's Second Harvest.

I sincerely hope this is legitimate. If this violates any rules or is a hoax (that will show what a naive idiot I am) please alter accordingly, mods.

Don't know if it works but a while back I used to click on it twice in all categories (it will show you other causes) - but just read in the FAQ that only one click per person per calendar day is counted.

Hawkeye

you may try the red cross. I'm sure if you check out redcross.org (I think) you can donate them regardless of where you are.

As for what Kayne said, he said "George Bush doesn't care about black people".

Latest posts