Help, Haunting Fluidline is too soft!!!

ChrisKsAngel

I ordered mine from macpro.com and when I got it, it was very soft. I let it sit 24 hrs and it still soft. It is so soft that my brush goes right into instead of allowing me to lightly "scrap" the surface like I do with my other fluidlines.

My question is what should I do? Will freezing it or putting it in the icebox help? I can't return to macpro since it is sold out. I don't think I can return it here locally since all I have is a counter inside Dillard's. Please help!

Thanks
smiles.gif

ishtarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKsAngel
I ordered mine from macpro.com and when I got it, it was very soft. I let it sit 24 hrs and it still soft. It is so soft that my brush goes right into instead of allowing me to lightly "scrap" the surface like I do with my other fluidlines.

My question is what should I do? Will freezing it or putting it in the icebox help? I can't return to macpro since it is sold out. I don't think I can return it here locally since all I have is a counter inside Dillard's. Please help!

Thanks
smiles.gif

i know i'm not much help, but you can try the live chat in mac's site?
HTH

glittergoddess27

The metallics are a bit "creamier" than the solid colors? Are you compairing them to other metallics that you have?

I think Ishtarchick is right,.. I would attempt a live chat about it first before trying anything.

Cool Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergoddess27
The metallics are a bit "creamier" than the solid colors? Are you compairing them to other metallics that you have?

metallics are MUCH creamier than solids. I just touch the brush very lightly to the surface and it picks up enough color (i don't have hounting, but i have Rich Ground and Sweet Sage). I actually prefer creamier texture, IMO it works much better for lighter colors since you need more of it to show up.

BlahWah

The only other one I have is Shade, and Haunting is MUCH more creamy than Shade. I'm finding it useful only as a base. =T

glittergoddess27

For the creamier,.. "pearlized or metallic ones" I get a good result using an angle brush or the flat defining and just kinda patting it on in a line along the lashes instead of trying to stroke it,.. when you pull the brush along it seems to take most of the pigmenting with it. If you want Haunting as a liner,.. try getting some on your brush and pat it along your lid,..its a bit thicker and takes a few more minutes to set but well worth it.

ChrisKsAngel

Thanks everyone for the help. I went to my local counter and looked at the tester and it was soft too, maybe the better word to explain it is creamy. I bought a small angle brush and that works much better to put it on with. Thanks again!!!
smiles.gif

Marcita

Mine is very creamy. I love it since I'm using it as an eyeshadow base and it applies so beautifully because of that.

pugmommy7

some of mine are softer than others, i just swipe my brush on the side of the jar and they apply well.
if worst comes to worse you could sell it here or use it as a wonderful shadow base!

Colorqueen

I use all of the translucent FL as bases. Haunting is very soft- so is Frostlite and Delphic and Iris Eyes too. THey all make better bases than liner, IMO.

If i use any of them as liners, I make sure to set them with pigment BEFORE they dry. Then they show up and stay put better.

I also find that the more pastel FL do not stay on me as well as a rule UNLESS I use them as a base.

zwfan

mine is also more creamy than the other fluidliners i have. it seems to me that mac has put more water into the formula. at first i was very disappointed... but later i found out if i put several layers instead of one line, it comes out to be stunning! subtle yet beautiful

.nicole.

I'm having to use Haunting as a base as well. The color is beautiful but as used for eyeliner it just won't show up no matter what i do.