HELP! I hate little brown dots

pretebrowneyes

Hey ladies....I'm hoping you can give me some helpful hints for this annoying little problem I have. I wear foundation (MUFE F/B foundation) and pressed powder (Clinique stay-matte sheer)....and although I try my hardest not to touch my face, whenever I do...I get my "face" everywhere. Brown dots on my desk and paperwork. I apply my foundation with my 187SE and powder with my Too Faced kabuki. I don't think I'm using too much....and I mostly blot my face with napkins or blot sheets. Let me know if there is anyway to solve this or if I should just except the brown dots that haunt me. Thank you sweeties

lara

Can you describe the 'dots' a little further?

Are they flakes of skin, little balls of make-up, ...?

kaexbabey

i know what you're talking about and i have that problem sometimes. i dont think you're applying too much makeup. i dont think there's any way we can avoid this b/c if we touch our face and touch something right after, the makeup transfers on our finger then whatever we touch next. bleh.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Can you describe the 'dots' a little further?

Are they flakes of skin, little balls of make-up, ...?

Lara, I think she means that when something touches her face, her face makeup rubs off on it. :]

To the OP, that used to happen to me until I realized that I wasn't using a primer and I was applying way too much foundation and powder. So, I started using a primer suited for my skin type and then I drastically cut back how much foundation and powder I used. It's worked for me and now I don't have to worry about my "brown" rubbing off on something or someone when I got to them a hug or something.

cre8_yourself

try using a primer. primer is intended for this issue along with decreasing oil and sheering out large pores. should do the trick

pretebrowneyes

^^^thank you ladies! I was wondering if that was primer would fix that. I'll be making a CVS stop tonite for the cult fave monistat anti-chafing gel.

user79

A primer would help but the Ben Nye Final Seal really helps to set the makeup in place. Honestly, I doubt the Monistat stuff will work in your situation, because primers help more with application.

So I suggest Ben Nye Final Seal spray!!!

It feels a little uncomfortable on at first but once you "break it in" it's ok. You could also try the Ben Nye Neutral Set powder on top of the foundation, it works great and really cuts down oil and shine, which might be making the foundation transfer.

ginger9

Second everyone's great suggestions.

You may also want to look into foundations that are the "stay put" kind. Such as Revlon Colorstay and I'm sure there are other lines that offer this kind of formulation.

Also, how much moisturizer are you using underneath your makeup? Try cutting down. It may be that your foundation is "sliding" off your face due to too much "product" on the surface of your skin. If you have somewhat an oily complexion to begin with you may need to adjust your base (moisturizer, primer) so that the foundation has something to cling to. HTH

pretebrowneyes

Thanks so much for these suggestions....

• I will check out the Ben Nye spray...thx MissC
  • I use Nivea creme to moisturize at night (although I've lately been only having energy to remove makeup with wipes and nothing else) and Clinique DDM lotion in the morning....also some mornings I only use Fix+ as a moisturizer because I figured that too much product may be the culprit. I'll change some routine stuff and see if there's an improvement.
  • Walgreens is having Rimmel BOGO right now so I'll check that primer out as well.
    • I currently use MUFE face and body foundation. I figured this for a stay putter but I'll try these suggestions and maybe another foundation if those don't help
Thanks again...and if anyone else knows a solution...BRING IT!!
thmbup.gif