HELP!!!! I need suggestions....

offdhook21

I'm going to my work Christmas party next week and I need some suggestions on what color eye shadows to put together that would look good with my outfit! I'm wearing a black pencil skirt with a black top, red belt and red pumps! The obvious shade to wear is black/ red I know, but if anyone has photo's they can post on here or ideas on what would make my makeup stand out!?
Thanks ladies!! I look forward to hearing, better yet seeing what you came up with!
clap.gif

Hawkeye

Nooooooooo i do not like black red! (everyone does though but I don't-I'm special LOL)

Why not do a smokey taupe eye?

What you would do would be to take MAC Shimma Paint and apply it from lashline to crease

Then you would take MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow (or Chanel whatever) and pat it on over the paint and also drag it around and under your eye.

Then take your black eyeliner and tightline your top eye and on your water line. Then use a Brown eyeliner and line your upper lashline and smudge it out a bit into the taupe

Curl lashes and black mascara

MAC Vanilla or just a very nude color on the browbone

Use a gold eyeshadow for the inner corner of your eyes

Then use a nice warm blush like MAC peaches

Wear Bronzer

and for the lips use a pink Gold like MAC VGV or MAC Nymphette

It's really unexpected because with such an outfit they would think red lips black eyeliner or black eye with pale lips but if you do the taupe you can wear equally bold without looking like a clown. Does that make any sense?

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Yeah I'm sorta imagine a silvery or gold kinda look. Maybe shimmery?! What time of day is the party? Day or night? Use a bit of black liquid eyeliner on your upper lashline (thinly) tho if you feel like u gotta have black in there somewhere... plus that will make your eyes stand out a bit more.

kimmy

MAC Print e/s (outer 3rd, defined in crease)
MAC Scene e/s (crease)
MAC Electra (lid)
MAC Crystal Avalanche (inner v)
MAC Engraved e/l (waterline, upper lashline)
MAC #7 lashes

MAC Dollymixx blush (apples)
MAC Frankly Scarlet blush (hollows)

MAC Red Enriched c/l (lined and filled in lips)
MAC C-thru l/g (filled in)

i did this one time on a friend, but i don't have any photos on this computer. anyhow, the lips will be red but toned down and not too overpowering
winks.gif
HTH!

offdhook21

Thanks guys!! I didn't even think of that!! I'll play around with my silvery colors!! If anyone has any photo's to post I'd LOVE to see. The party is at night so smokey eyes would look good!