Help! I'm allergic to Royal Hue Shadestick!

lovelyinspiron

I finally got a chance to get Royal Hue and I'm freaking allergic/sensitive to it.
thmbdn.gif
It makes my eyelids red, puffy and itchy! I love the color but it's got to go. Anyone know any eyeshadow that's simliar to it? Makes me so sad.

I think this can be moved to Product Safety. Sorry.

rouquinne

are you not allergic to other purple eye shadows? this is actually a fairly common allergy - something to do with the combination of red and blue colouring agents...

ssad.gif

pumpkincat210

I really can't think of any other purple bases by mac that haven't been discontinued. Have you tried Non Conformist fluidline?
Another great purple is Infamous paint but it has been discontinued. If you look hard enough you can find it here or on the mac communities on livejournal.
Reactions to Purples and reds are fairly common though. Certain red dye's do this especially when used around the eyes.

lovelyinspiron

Nope, no allergies to purple eyeshadows so far. I tried the shadestick on my face, elbow crease, and hand...no crazy reaction.

foxyqt

hmmm i think Entremauve pigment might be close to Royal Hue.. have you tried applying it over a base? maybe that would help with the allergy.. as everyone said, many people seem to be allergic to MAC's purple eyeshadows particularly

blazeno.8

Have you tried to wear other shade sticks before? I'm wondering if you're eyes are just sensitive to shadesticks in general or the dyes in them.

lovelyinspiron

I used Bare Study Paint Pot as a base. I haven't tried other shadesticks before. I know this may seem dumb but can you get a sample of shadesticks? Like...can they cut off a small piece of it? I don't want to go in to try it out and then have my eyelids blow up on me. I wish paint pots came in more colors!

nunu

there is a purple paint pot that came out with the fafi collection, i forgot the name of it..check it out

saspearia

Its interesting to hear about allergies to Purple. I had exactly the same problem with my eyelids about a month ago, it took me a while to work out which product it was but its from the Royal Assets Cool eye's palette which has a purple in. I thought it was because I bought it duty free on holiday and perhaps got some tropical bug in it! hehe

goofy0922

can you get a sample of shadesticks? Like...can they cut off a small piece of it?

I'm not sure if you can make that request but today I was at the MAC store where I live and since they're discontinuing a whole bunch of the shadesticks and MAC debited all the discontinued colours from all MAC stores/counters (requested they'd all be sent back) she broke off a part of one they had-from the samples they get in the store, put it in a sample jar and gave it to me. not sure if this answer is too late, but I just recently joined and just saw this. Hope it's still of some help to you.
winks.gif