HELP! Is this TWIG lipstick a fake?

GlassRose0

Hello everyone!

I recently bought a MAC lipstick on ebay... it was the first time I did that because I didn't have the time to go to a MAC store (I'm in Portugal and there aren't many mac stores here...) and the seller, whom I contacted before buying, assured me that he bought the items himself at a mac store and they are genuine...

Well I received the lipstick today and there are a few things different from other lipstick from MAC I have bought that got me really worried that this is a fake after all!

1. On the box, the shade name Twig is printed at the top of the box
  2. The bar code with the batch code (A90) is also printed on the side of the box
  3. The lipstick itself looks identical to the others I have, except fot the metal part of the tube (with the cap off) that is more shiny and less matte that my other lipsticks!! At the base there is the sticker with the name and batch code and looks normal...

I really wanted to know if MAC made such a product like this one, or if this has to be a fake? Anyone bought a lipstick like this one in the stores? Is it possible that the seller is telling the truth? Also, I paid almost the normal price so it wasn't dirty cheap...
I can take pictures of it if it helps!

I decided to ask here first before contacting the selller about this... to be sure I'm right...

Thanks!!

rockin

Hi,

I don't have this colour for comparison, but it's quite normal for the shade name to be printed on the top flap of the box, and for the barcode and batch code to be printed on the box. The batch code seems fine, too.

If you are still concerned, please do post pictures, maybe with another known genuine lipstick alongside so we can see what you mean about the shiny tube

GlassRose0

I had never seen one like that that's why I got suspicious! I'm glad to know that it's normal! Thanks!
To my eye it looks more shiny but my camera doesn't show it very well :S maybe it dosen't mean anything after all...and i'm just being paranoid :S

katred

Specktra Bestie
If it makes you feel better, I agree with Rockin- I think it's fine. The shininess may be a batch difference, or it's possible that the inside used to be shinier than it is now. Sounds like you did OK.