Help! Lipstick guessing game

BunnyBunnyBunny

Hiya! I have acquired a BEAUTIFUL nude lipstick. However, it is a 'sample' and thus is only marked with it's working name. To make matters worse the label is in awful condition. It appears to say:

COC
GREASE (WORKING NAME)
SAMPLE

As I said, the label itself is in the worst condition, so it may say "Grease" or "Crease" or "Cream" or who knows what. Grease is what struck me first though.

If you know me at all then you can guess what this lip color looks like: Pale. Its a SUPER nude creamy white pink-beige, with no apparent sparkes or frost. It seems to be Lustre, but may be a Glaze because its got a nice glossy texture. I have compared it with several of my favorite pales and it is certainly darker than Myth, Creme D'Nude, and Brew. The closest match is Equality from All Ages, Races, and Sexes. While they both have that neutral white-beige base, Equality is a lot more yellow with this mystery being quite pinker.

Since I'm a nude whore, I've basically collected all of the palest shades from the limited edition collections over the past two or three years, and I certainly would have remembered a shade like this. I even looked through all my Update books from Jan 2008 to now and nothing looks anything similar. My question for you is what the heck is this lipstick? I'm already loving it and I want to know the real name so I may be able to watch for it in the clearance bin and new collections! Thanks a bunch.

annikay

It sounds like Nouveau-Frou from the Originals collection (2007) to me, nothing else comes to mind...
th_confused_new.gif

J. Rose Online: MAC and Sephora Haul

LMD84

Nouveau-Frou looks very nice! i wonder if that is it.... let us know when you find out Bunny!
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

I have Nouveau-Frou, and that is much more of a cooled grey-white pink with a bit of frost/sparkle. This one is warm pale peachy white-beige, and it has a very creamy texture.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
ssad.gif

iheartangE

This may be totally off, but COC could be "Cult of Cherry" and they released a brownish-nude Lustre formula lipstick called "Cream Cerise"? ...maybe?

Honey xOo

Maybe you can try emailing a photo of the lipstick and the label to MAC, and they can try to figure it out and let you know? IDK but it sounds gorgeous.

ms.marymac

Am I the only one LOLing at the label?

I happened to be cleaning my drawers and checked a couple of my older nudes...but one is a frost (Awaken) and the other you probably have (Quiet Please). I wish I had my older Update books, I only have back to 2007 now.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Okay I took a pic with my phone along with my DEF NOT other nudes!! PLEASE HELP!

okay, so click the pic for larger image.

right to left, top to bottom
Archetype, Vanity's Child, Lovedust, Fleshpot, Peachstock, Nouveau-Frou
MYSTERYYYYYYYYAHJADJGS, Not So Innocent, Equality, Creme D'Nude, Brew, Quiet Please, Myth

Closeuppp

What in the world could it be? I noticed today when worn it's got a slight hint of mauve. So a white mauve pink beige. :3

Edit: Twitpic wont letme show the images, so just click the X I guess
th_dunno.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikay
It sounds like Nouveau-Frou from the Originals collection (2007) to me, nothing else comes to mind...
th_confused_new.gif

that WN was frou

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE
This may be totally off, but COC could be "Cult of Cherry" and they released a brownish-nude Lustre formula lipstick called "Cream Cerise"? ...maybe?

that WN was belly dance.

bunny, can you take a pic of the label and post it?

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I noticed today when worn it's got a slight hint of mauve. So a white mauve pink beige. :3

I want it!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
bunny, can you take a pic of the label and post it?

My phone cant focus on it. I thought the label might be dirty so I used a Wipe on it but it took off the writing!! Where it had COC or something isnt even there at all, and neither is 'SAMPLE'. The first letter looks more like an O now that I've been looking at it. Since most of its smudged away, all you can see is "OREA__WN)"

I want to know what this is!!!
ssad.gif

aquarius11

Ok, this is driving me crazy...it's such a beautiful color...I want...hopefully someone can chime in and figure this out

purrtykitty

You got me curious, so I looked up some old collections. Maybe it's one of these:

Moderne - dirty neutral (lustre)(LE)
Rags to Riches - Highly polished nude (lustre)
Naturally Eccentric - White Nude (LE)
Nada - feather white flushed with pink (LE)

BunnyBunnyBunny

I have Body Suit as well and it's def not it. Thanks SO MUCH PurrtyKitty. Do you happen to know which collections those are from so I can research them? THANKS!

Latest posts