help me buy stuffffff

RoseyPosey

So next week is my birthday and i know of like 3-4 people getting me MAC gift cards that i asked for! Im hoping to get around 200-300 but im not sure.

I made a list of some things i realllly want from MAC since i only have their studio fix powder is NC40 (maybe a tad too dark but it matches my body good) Cutrsy lustre lipstick, Off the radar pigment, and umm a liglass. So i have nooo shadows at all!

Here is a list i made. I dont liek blue e/s (i cant get it to work) and dont really care for super dark colors.

Please add or comment on anthiny i "want" or if you can think of stuff i definitely need to buy since i really want to add a ton of MAC to my collection, since ihave like none. Also, i want to get the empty 15 palette from coastal scents as opposed to the MAC pro one.

E/S's :
Amber lights
chrome yellow
gorgeous gold
humid
kid
newly minted
omage
rule
shimmermoss
surreal
swimming
vanilla
wedge
yogurt
samoa silk
all that glitters

Pigments:
Fairylite
golden oilive
jardin aires
copper sparkle
melon
old gold

I was also thinking of getting mineralize skin finish (msf?) in medium/natural and shimmer

as well as mineralized blush in nuance

and the strobe liquid instead ofthe cream

i have some brushes i liek from spehora, but i will probably get the 239.
and i would love a good creae/blending brush since the one i have from Sephora is too big and way to flimsy! Rec?

i know this is muchhh more than 300 dollars, lol, but these are things on a list i have i carry in my purse! i know its alot, but please comment or rec if this is good stuff?

TIA ladies! you girls are all so awesome and i reallllllllly appreciate all the help yougive tome and everyone else on this site!

FiestyFemme

Oh man, I wish people gave me MAC GC's for my birthday!
smiles.gif

From the eyeshadows you've listed, I like Amber Lights, Gorgeous Gold, Humid, Shimmermoss, Swimming, Vanilla, Wedge, and All That Glitters.
If you had to narrow it down, I really really recommend Vanilla, Wedge, All That Glitters, Humid, and Shimmermoss. Vanilla and Wedge are just great neutrals, and the other 3 are just super pretty!

From the pigments, I didn't like Fairylite at all. I found it chalky, and I swapped it away with no regret.
I really like Golden Olive, Melon and Old Gold, while I'm not crazy about Jardin Aires or Coppersparkle. I don't like the reflects in JA (too much fallout, I feel like a disco ball unless I use it wet!) or the chunky texture of Copper Sparkle.

For a good crease/blending brush, try the 217. It's very versatile, and the one I'd pick if I had to choose one to do several jobs.

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
Oh man, I wish people gave me MAC GC's for my birthday!
smiles.gif

From the eyeshadows you've listed, I like Amber Lights, Gorgeous Gold, Humid, Shimmermoss, Swimming, Vanilla, Wedge, and All That Glitters.
If you had to narrow it down, I really really recommend Vanilla, Wedge, All That Glitters, Humid, and Shimmermoss. Vanilla and Wedge are just great neutrals, and the other 3 are just super pretty!

From the pigments, I didn't like Fairylite at all. I found it chalky, and I swapped it away with no regret.
I really like Golden Olive, Melon and Old Gold, while I'm not crazy about Jardin Aires or Coppersparkle. I don't like the reflects in JA (too much fallout, I feel like a disco ball unless I use it wet!) or the chunky texture of Copper Sparkle.

For a good crease/blending brush, try the 217. It's very versatile, and the one I'd pick if I had to choose one to do several jobs.

Thank you so much for the recs girl. i will check them all out. Im so excited for my bday so we'll see how much i get, but im hoping a tonnnnn lol

RoseyPosey

ladiesss, you are alll MAC pros, please tell me what to buy!!!! what are some musthaves that i NEEDD to have?

nursee81

maybe some of the stuff from the upcoming collection
humid and gorgous gold are great together
strobe liquid
the new antique green pigment
stripdown lip liner
mineralized skin finish are really nice.

MissAlphaKitty

most of the pigments on ur list would look great with rubenesque paint pot
it will bring out the warmth & gold tones in all of them

hth
smiles.gif

Karen_B

From the shadows you have on your list, I'd get Shimmermoss, Vanilla, Amber Lights, All That Glitters, Gorgeous Gold and Humid. Also a dark brown like Mulch if you don't have one already.
Melon, Old Gold and Golden Olive pigments are soooo pretty, so I'd get those. I have Fairylite and I like it, but I like Vanilla pigment better.
If you need a base for eyes, I'd recommend Bare Study or Painterly paint pots.

You didn't list blushes or lippies on your list but if you're looking for that as well I'd try Springsheen or Peachykeen blushes and Viva Glam V lipstick.

Have fun shopping!
smiles.gif

RoseyPosey

thanks ladies.

im not sure why i didnt list blushes, i guess because i have like 5 and barely use them except for like 2 lol. i do want a mineralize blush in nuance i think it was i listed up above or maybe i forgot? idk.

Plus, im not a fan of l/g. i dont even like the feeling of chapstick, so i stick to lipstick. i only have Curtsy which i love but have heard great things and love the look of Viva glam V so i will definitely check that out!!!

thanks so much ladies for your help!

and i love the look of rebunesque paint pot, but do i use it WITH udpp or alone?

Karen_B

Oh sorry, I missed you had Nuance on your list!

You can use the paint pots alone or over UDPP. My lids are extremely oily so I use both products, but I know a lot of people get away with using just the paint pot.

Care

i use paint pots over UDPP

do you hae any empties you can trade in for some eyeshadows? that may help you out a bit without making you go over budget
smiles.gif

zeroxstar

out of the list you made of eyeshadows the ones I think are lovely are: gorgeous gold, humid, chrome yellow, kid (one of my fav. neutrals!), vanilla, yogurt and all that glitters..

some I would personally add to the list:
mulch, shroom, carbon (i know you don't like dark but this shadow is sooo versatile), satin taupe (LOVE!), Naked Lunch, Aquadisiac, & greensmoke

out of the pigments you listed I love melon & golden olive, and haven't tried them all but HATED the texture of fairylite & jardin aires... other pigments that are awesome are Vanilla, Naked, Golden Lemon, Teal, and Violet

Plus other MAC must haves for me are: Mineralized Skinfinish Natural, which you have listed, Fix +, Mocha or Dame Blush and Moisturecover concealer

HTH & happy birthday

emeraldjewels

I think you should definitly get a paint pot , i use bare study over UDPP nearly everyday.

I have nuance blush, but i don't like it. Make sure you test it in the store, because on me NW20 there is no colour pay off unless i apply loads of it.

I would get naked pigment, cause it goes with everything.

E/s - off your list, I love Rule and gorgeous gold together. I don't really have any of the others. I like vanilla, but I think nylon or shroom are better highlight colours.

I would definitly get the 239 and 217 eye brushes. I also love the 242 for doing under my lower lashes and smudging eyeliner.

Hope that helps!

anshu7

make sure u try out the msf natural+shimmer particularly the shimmer part coz a lot of ppl hav found it to be glittery. and i wud suggest getting a gud set of brushes. do u have 187?