Help me choose my first MAC eyeshadow? Please :)

VanillaCupcake

I'm about to order my first mac eyeshadow online (
th_DANCE.gif
), but I'm having a reallyyy hard time picking a shade. I was thinking about naked lunch, or woodwinked. I have brown eyes, so I wanted something that would look good on me. What's your recommendation?
Thank you!

jazm1n3s

Re: Help me choose my first mac eyeshadow? Please :)

I'd say go with Woodwinked. It has the best texture of all MAC shadows (even compared to other Veluxe Pearl shadows), and it looks gorgeous on brown eyes. I think it's my favorite e/s from MAC.

vintageroses

Woodwinked! Naked Lunch is more of a highlight colour!
smiles.gif
I know how overwhelming it can be to choose your first! MAC has like a million colours! I just got into e/s & i had a hard time picking too!

My first were Ricepaper & HoneyLust! <3

RandomnessWithK

woodwinked is a pretty color!! - what is your preference? are you going to use it for everyday looks, need office safe/school safe color etc?

just some ideas - i think woodwinked is good for all over the lid and i also use it in the crease.. patina is a nice color, mulch, cork just to throw a few shadows out there..

i also have brown eyes, but my style/likes may be completely different from yours.. i like to wear naked lunch for the inner corner and put maybe twinks on the outter corner.. and i like to do smokey eyed looks so i use twinks a lot for lid color and smoke it upwards..

i also would use naked lunch as a highlight too..

smiles.gif
hope you find your perfect first shadow!
smiles.gif

i believe mine was embark and ricepaper
smiles.gif

LC

my first shadow with MAC ever was parfait amour...something fun but not overwhelming
smiles.gif

VanillaCupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
I'd say go with Woodwinked. It has the best texture of all MAC shadows (even compared to other Veluxe Pearl shadows), and it looks gorgeous on brown eyes. I think it's my favorite e/s from MAC.

Thanks so much! I'm deff considering woodwinked now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageroses
Woodwinked! Naked Lunch is more of a highlight colour!
smiles.gif
I know how overwhelming it can be to choose your first! MAC has like a million colours! I just got into e/s & i had a hard time picking too!

Thank you! I'm over whelmed, haha. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I don't want to end up picking the wrong color, especially since it costs, 17.50 in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
woodwinked or amber lights is gorg too

I'll look into that color too! thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomnessWithK
woodwinked is a pretty color!! - what is your preference? are you going to use it for everyday looks, need office safe/school safe color etc?

just some ideas - i think woodwinked is good for all over the lid and i also use it in the crease.. patina is a nice color, mulch, cork just to throw a few shadows out there..

i also have brown eyes, but my style/likes may be completely different from yours.. i like to wear naked lunch for the inner corner and put maybe twinks on the outter corner.. and i like to do smokey eyed looks so i use twinks a lot for lid color and smoke it upwards..

i also would use naked lunch as a highlight too..

smiles.gif
hope you find your perfect first shadow!
smiles.gif

i believe mine was embark and ricepaper
smiles.gif

I was planning on wearing it as an everyday look. For work, nights out. Just a multi purpose color. I also wanted a shade that I can just wear alone without needing to match it with another colour. I already bought some lipsticks, so I have to go slow with the eyeshadow for now! lol.
What about satin taupe? I see that's very popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
my first shadow with MAC ever was parfait amour...something fun but not overwhelming
smiles.gif

I'm going to have to look that color up. Thanks!

VanillaCupcake

Ahh! thanks so much. You have quite a bit, to say the least
tong.gif
. I'm a tad jealous, lol. All of those shades are beautiful. I'm having such a hard choosing!

obscuria

woodwinked, definitely between the two options.
But just to confuse you more, I also really like satin taupe as an everyday color.

wetwater

I think you should also consider All That Glitters! It was my mac shadow, and it's just so versatile and will go with anything. Plus you can wear it on its own just as a wash.

I also really like Vex and out of my VERY few MAC shadows (only 4) I find that it's the one I use most often. The color is just so unique and completely un-dupe-able, IMO. It's a light white-gray-ish color with pink and green iridescence. You can really change the look of it depending on what base you put under it.

I do have woodwinked also and it is great, but the color is very metallic and could come out orangey depending on your skin tone. On me (nc35) it's great, but i know others have had trouble with it.

Susanne

I think good basics are

Carbon, Espresso, Vanilla, Woodwinked, Satin Taupe

Humid, Steamy, Shimmermoss (greens)

Satelitte Dreams, Parfait Amour (purples)

Contrast, Deep Truth (blues)

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomnessWithK
satin taupe is such a beautiful color!
smiles.gif
i have that too!

these are my neutral/brown everyday colors i wear
smiles.gif

palette2.gif

eyeshadowpots.gif

Can i just say I WANT YOUR COLLECTION!!!! hahaha
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
drools.gif
:dro ols:
All the neutrals! Pretty!I just got into shadows i shall start collecting slowly 1 pot at a time!

Thanks for sharing hun!

LMD84

i'd say woodwinked! that was one of the first mac shadows i bought, along with shroom because it's quite anice highlight colour
smiles.gif

VanillaCupcake

After hours of trying to decide, I think I'm going to go with delft paint pot. It wasn't my orignal choice, but the color looks so pretty! Does anything think naked lunch would look good with delft?

SUMM3RxBABii

I have brown eyes as well. My first eyeshadow was black tied..bleh lol

I think folie would look pretty great on you
smiles.gif

peachesxsan

Honestly, I'd go with a shade somewhere in the middle like Soba or All that Glitters. They are great lid colors and popular MAC shades. Woodwinked is gorgeous but I can't wear it alone. It looks a little intense and coppery on my NC15 complexion if I don't mix it with other shades. Also, like the others mentioned, Naked Lunch is a great highlighter shade but I wouldn't choose it as my first MAC shadow. Nor, would I go with Delft. It looks gorgeous but I don't know if it would be good for everyday. Unless you like to wear brights regularly of course =)

Latest posts