Help me fill my MAC palette? (:

missmac18

Hi everyone. I'm trying to fill my second MAC palette and I have 5 spots open. In my first palette I have sable, mystery, orb, satin taupe, wedge, cork, all that glitters, mulch, handwritten, charcoal brown, soft brown, shroom, kid, patina and woodwinked. My second one has tempting, espresso, mythology, swiss chocolate, smut, twinks, embark, shale, phloof!, and soba so far. I'm thinking of getting vanilla, copperplate, and vex next but I can't decide. By the way my skin tone is NC35-40, I have dark brown eyes, and dark hair. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

facewriting

Hi! I agree Texture is a must have. That leave 4 spots left. I recommend Motif, Vex, Sumptuous Olive, Club, Carbon, Haux, Green Smoke, and Cranberry. Of all of those I put Motif, Club, Sumptuous Olive & Carbon in the top 4. Have a beautiful day! Lia

shellygrrl

Staff member
I would not recommend Carbon. There are much better, and blacker, blacks than that (e.g., MUFE #4, Makeup Geek Corrupt, UD Blackout, and I think Sugarpill Bulletproof is blacker as well). Are there any colours (in general, not eyeshadow colours) that you're drawn to? You could make some eyeshadow picks based on that.

missmac18

I do already have UD blackout and it's amazing! I usually get pulled in by taupes, golden browns, and neutral duochromes...

shellygrrl

Staff member
I do already have UD blackout and it's amazing! I usually get pulled in by taupes, golden browns, and neutral duochromes...
Then Club would definitely be a good option for you. :) Texture also looks like a shade you'd like. Maybe also something like Coquette or Concrete? Veering away from pressed eyeshadows, Blue Brown pigment may be up your alley as well. So would Naked and Vanilla (both neutral). If you wanted to, you could always press them and add them to your palette.

corinne27

vex & copperplate are AMAZING!!!! My all time favorite though is Brownscript!! you wont be disapointed!!!
bigheart.gif

TheLadyDanger

Since you mentioned duochromes, definitely check out Expensive Pink. The color varies depending on the lighting -- it pulls peachy pink with gold (to me and I am NC 30-35). I like pairing it with it on the lid, Soft Brown on the crease, Handwritten or Charcoal Brown on the outer corner and Blanc Type as a highlight.

missmac18

Veering away from pressed eyeshadows, Blue Brown pigment may be up your alley as well. So would Naked and Vanilla (both neutral). If you wanted to, you could always press them and add them to your palette.
I have club and it's gorgeous! I'm getting very tempted by texture now...I looked up swatches of coquette and it looks like it would be a perfect eyebrow filler for me. I've been wanting to try vanilla pigment for a while so I might take a look at it.
amuse.gif

missmac18

Since you mentioned duochromes, definitely check out Expensive Pink. The color varies depending on the lighting -- it pulls peachy pink with gold (to me and I am NC 30-35). I like pairing it with it on the lid, Soft Brown on the crease, Handwritten or Charcoal Brown on the outer corner and Blanc Type as a highlight.
Ooh that sounds like such a pretty combo! I have all of those colors minus blanc type so I must try it soon.
smiles.gif