Help me find the BEST moisturizer!

thelove4tequila

I have combination/oily skin with little to no acne. What I'm looking for is something that isn't too heavy and wont make me any more oily than I already am. I was looking at Philosophy's Hope In A Jar. What do you all think?

Nothing too expensive please. There are some crazy prices over at Sephora for some. High end or drug store suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

SweetCheeks

I have tried Philosophy Hope In A Jar and didn't find it to be as miraculous as they claim it to be ... it was 'OK' ... I have tried so many, and my favorite still is my good old Shiseido. Depending on your skintype they have different kinds but I have been so happy with mine. I use a day and a night one. They give out VERY generous samples of everything so I suggest picking some up and seeing what you think !

Shaquille

I have ur type of skin and I love using my Olay
smiles.gif

Kiseki

I'm loving Bobbi Brown's Oil Control Lotion and Vitamin Enriched Face Base. At least it doesn't break me out.

chaut_01

i vote for aveeno also (i think thats how you spell it!) its like 6-7 bucks at ulta i have combination of oily/dry/little acne and it works great.

yodagirl

I really love Clinique's Dramtically Different Moisturizing Gel. This is all I will use and I have mega oily skin...makes my face super soft
smiles.gif

Temptasia

I've had success with organic jojoba oil. Moisturizes the dry patches and controls oil where it's oily.

ladyJ

I use ceptahil moisturizing creme. It comes in a big tub. I have acne prone skin/combination skin and its been working well for me.

kaexbabey

i have the same type of skin. i use aveeno positively radiant moisturizer w/ spf 15 during the day and clinique dramatically different moisturizer at night since there's no spf.

enjoybeingagirl

Personally I love these moisturizers by Cliniique:
Clinique | Skin Care | Moisturizers | NEW Moisture Surge™ Extended Thirst Relief
Clinique | Skin Care | Moisturizers | Superdefense Triple Action Moisturizer SPF 25 - Combination Oily to Oily

In my opinion they are both good for combination skin. Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief is a gel moisturizer, good for combo skin, and feels very refreshing on the skin. Superdefense has a sun screen and is slightly more moisturizing because it is a cream. It isn't oily though.

I would stay away from Philosophy Hope In A Jar. It is marketed as an exfoliating moisturizer but the exfoliating ingredient (retinyl palmitate) is in the second half of the ingredient list - therefore not very effective. It is moisturizing but I don't like how it is marketed as something that is exfoliating ("help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, skin discoloration, rough texture" - philosophy - hope in a jar - world-famous moisturizer) I tried it for about a week and I didn't like. It does seem to have a cult-like following though.

Moisturizer is very personal - you should probably try out a few brands to see what you prefer
smiles.gif
Personally I use professional products but I don't think they are necessarily the best. Olay Regenerist has very good reviews in magazines and among skin care forums online.

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoybeingagirl
Personally I love these moisturizers by Cliniique:
Clinique | Skin Care | Moisturizers | NEW Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
Clinique | Skin Care | Moisturizers | Superdefense Triple Action Moisturizer SPF 25 - Combination Oily to Oily

In my opinion they are both good for combination skin. Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief is a gel moisturizer, good for combo skin, and feels very refreshing on the skin. Superdefense has a sun screen and is slightly more moisturizing because it is a cream. It isn't oily though.

I would stay away from Philosophy Hope In A Jar. It is marketed as an exfoliating moisturizer but the exfoliating ingredient (retinyl palmitate) is in the second half of the ingredient list - therefore not very effective. It is moisturizing but I don't like how it is marketed as something that is exfoliating ("help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, skin discoloration, rough texture" - philosophy - hope in a jar - world-famous moisturizer) I tried it for about a week and I didn't like. It does seem to have a cult-like following though.

Moisturizer is very personal - you should probably try out a few brands to see what you prefer
smiles.gif
Personally I use professional products but I don't think they are necessarily the best. Olay Regenerist has very good reviews in magazines and among skin care forums online.

Hmmmm....the Superdefense Triple Action Moisturizer looks and sounds very interesting...Thanks for the link
smiles.gif

Latest posts