Help me ladies!

juicy415

So, I bought a fake pigment from this seller eBay My World - shannonalbert30
and i opened a dispute on paypal and she cancelled to refund and she said: Please send the pigment back and I'll be happy to issue a refund. Although it is authentic, I'm happy to issue a refund upon return.
what should i do? send her pigment wit confirmation or?

Skin*Deep

yeah, I'd definitely get a delivery confirmation on it, then you have her sig that she got it. sucks that you have to pay for all that shipping back though!

TISH1124

I guess I am confused...How does a Seller cancel a dispute? Because paypal would have closed the dispute and refuned your money after the item was sent back...I have never known the seller could close a dispute..I personally would never allow a dispute to be closed until my money had been refunded...because once closed thats it...can't reopen it for the same item

juicy415

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I guess I am confused...How does a Seller cancel a dispute? Because paypal would have closed the dispute and refuned your money after the item was sent back...I have never known the seller could close a dispute..I personally would never allow a dispute to be closed until my money had been refunded...because once closed thats it...can't reopen it for the same item

i mean refund request has been declined, so she wants me to SEND her pigment back, then shes going to refund me

1165Cheryl

She cancelled the refund but not the dispute, right? If you can, print the shipping label through paypal's shipping center, that way everything is in their program. If shipped with a DC# then you can trace it. I've returned items before while a dispute was opened, once I got my refund then we both agreed to close it. As long as you ship it back with a way to trace it and/or a signature receipt then it should be OK. She can cancel a refund but can't cancel your dispute on your end. Once you can show it was delivered paypal will issue you a refund if she doesnt. Hope this helps....let us know how it turns out. From my experience I've never had problems with getting a refund as long as there is a dispute opened.

TISH1124

^^ Agreed!! Just send her piggie back and DON'T close the dispute no matter what and once she receives it Paypal will refund your money usually about a week after she receives it...

TISH1124

^^^ Normally you have to return it exactly how it was received....That I am not sure about

TSIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy415
and i opened a dispute on paypal and she cancelled to refund and she said: Please send the pigment back and I'll be happy to issue a refund. Although it is authentic, I'm happy to issue a refund upon return.

I just went through this with a fake e/s purchased off eBay (will I EVER learn?) If I may ask, have you already reported this offense to eBay? It is prohibited to sell fake merchandise, even if you state "replica" or, say, "Juicy Couture-like". Pro-hi-bi-ted. BAD.

You've already explained your situation to the seller. The seller agreed to refund your money upon receipt of the item. Add the condition that the seller agrees to refund all shipping fees, which means the fees you paid to have the item shipped to you AND the fees for you to return the item. Since the item she sold to you was grossly misrepresented, you do NOT have to take that responsibility.

Take pics of the item next to an authentic item. Submit them as attachments with your eBay claim (and if it escalates, you'll need them for your PayPal claim). Copy her on all your correspondence with eBay. You have time to prove she is wrong-that's easy. Unless she KNOWS she's right, she will have a rough road ahead of her to prove she is right. She'll refund your money just so you'll leave her alone already. She's losing time/money dealing with you. She has other people to swindle, right?

Then I contacted the people that left her positive feedback for e/s that I knew were fakes like mine. And then they started to question her. I pissed the woman off to no end...she still sends me harrassing emails saying that she's an honest seller for "15 years and would never sell fakes and [I'm] ruining [her] reputation! Remove the negative and change it to a positive!" What? "...and change it to a positive"? By the way, this is the FIRST negative I have EVER left since I joined eBay in 2001.

I have a point here, really: I told her as a show of good faith, refund half of the total paid (this includes the shipping you paid) PLUS an advance for the shipping fees it will cost you to return the item, USPS Priority with Tracking, and signature (just GO FOR IT - all the USPS bells and whistles). Upon receipt of the money, you will be able to ship it back, at which point her obligation is to refund the balance immediately upon reciept of the fake.

It took a little extra effort, but it was totally worth it b/c whe doesn't sell on eBay anymore...but she still sends me angry-mail ordering me to change the negative to a positive. It's absurd. But the entertainment value is priceless.
th_LMAO.gif

Sorry about the epic post, but sometimes you have to do a blow-by-blow to help the other person fully wrap their brain around the suggestion(s). HTH!

User27

Then I contacted the people that left her positive feedback for e/s that I knew were fakes like mine. And then they started to question her.
Be careful because Ebay sent me a nice e-mail telling me I was tampering with the auctions of a seller. Though I'm not a seller, I was overstepping my boundaries by warning people that they had been sold fake products. One girl thanked me for showing her where the product was fake and said she called MAC to verify and found me to be truthful....cancelled transaction. Ebay stands behind their sellers to the death until too many complaints are placed and they have to react all of a sudden despite reports having been filed repeatedly to Trust and Safety. I honestly thought I was the only person that had this hobby.....go Specktra for letting me know I'm not going crazy.
th_crazy2.gif
I'm not the only enemy number one of Ebay....praise Jeebus.

TSIZ

Then I contacted the people that left her positive feedback for e/s that I knew were fakes like mine. And then they started to question her. Quote:

Be careful because Ebay sent me a nice e-mail telling me I was tampering with the auctions of a seller. Though I'm not a seller, I was overstepping my boundaries by warning people that they had been sold fake products. One girl thanked me for showing her where the product was fake and said she called MAC to verify and found me to be truthful....cancelled transaction. Ebay stands behind their sellers to the death until too many complaints are placed and they have to react all of a sudden despite reports having been filed repeatedly to Trust and Safety. I honestly thought I was the only person that had this hobby.....go Specktra for letting me know I'm not going crazy.
th_crazy2.gif

smiles.gif
Thanks for the input.

I wouldn't say I'm Enemy No.1, but a vigilant consumer. I don't know where I got this from. Probably as a kid watching this show my parents watched called "Fight Back With David Horowitz", which summarized viewers' experiences getting screwed by merchants and how it's important for you, to be a good consumer, and bring the issue to the attention of others (also part of being a good consumer is to bring to the attention of others exceptional merchants, not just complain about the bad ones).

You're not crazy, and this is not a "hobby" of yours (like you're bored and have nothing better to do). You are being a good consumer. And that's a very good thing for all parties. I guess directly contacting other eBayers is the only no-no. I don't know why - they've all thanked me.
th_dunno.gif

juicy415

Thanks ladies, i escalated the claim this afternoon with pictures and words described. let see hows go

User27

smiles.gif
Thanks for the input.

I wouldn't say I'm Enemy No.1, but a vigilant consumer. I don't know where I got this from. Probably as a kid watching this show my parents watched called "Fight Back With David Horowitz", which summarized viewers' experiences getting screwed by merchants and how it's important for you, to be a good consumer, and bring the issue to the attention of others (also part of being a good consumer is to bring to the attention of others exceptional merchants, not just complain about the bad ones).

You're not crazy, and this is not a "hobby" of yours (like you're bored and have nothing better to do). You are being a good consumer. And that's a very good thing for all parties. I guess directly contacting other eBayers is the only no-no. I don't know why - they've all thanked me.
th_dunno.gif
[/quote]

Dear rlal,

I saw that you were the winner of a recent auction and wanted to let you know something. The "12 Colors Eye Shadow" set of 4, you might want to call 1-800-588-0070(MAC Cosmetics) about. If you're aware of these being non-MAC, ignore this. If not, take a look at the UPC code on the back of each of your boxes and you'll see they're all the same and 2 are printed upside down. If you go to youtube and type "PART 2 OF 2 HOW TO SPOT FAKE MAC" by debstan1 you'll see the same compacts that you won. It's at the 3:10 second mark that these pallettes are shown. When I called they let me know that they've never carried these items and hence the reason sellers on here don't give them by proper eyeshadow color names on their "palette 01, 02, 03 and 04". I'm sorry for the bother.

Dear casadalinnis,

hi- before i even paid for the item- i checked with mac and after finding out they were fake i didnt pay for the item. thanks for the heads up!

- rlal

I took the last 2 numbers off her Ebay name out of privacy but she's the only person I ever received a thank you from. Yes, I'm that gay because it actually made me feel like I did something right by someone. This is still in my inbox because it meant my time wasn't wasted and someone got why I sent this message. I reported this seller in mass amount and kiki11396 is Not a registered user on Ebay anymore. I lose track of my real e-mail to Trust and Safety but it's worth it sometimes.

Thank you Vixxan because her pigments were tempting me yesterday. You just saved me another pigment fiasco. I also owe you a thank you because I found an amazingly kick bass seller on Specktra because of you, splattergirl, Tish and Resha.
th_DANCE.gif
<---I'm that happy and I've only gotten the delivery confirmation so far. XD

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
smiles.gif
Thanks for the input.

th_dunno.gif

Dear rlal,

I saw that you were the winner of a recent auction and wanted to let you know something. The "12 Colors Eye Shadow" set of 4, you might want to call 1-800-588-0070(MAC Cosmetics) about. If you're aware of these being non-MAC, ignore this. If not, take a look at the UPC code on the back of each of your boxes and you'll see they're all the same and 2 are printed upside down. If you go to youtube and type "PART 2 OF 2 HOW TO SPOT FAKE MAC" by debstan1 you'll see the same compacts that you won. It's at the 3:10 second mark that these pallettes are shown. When I called they let me know that they've never carried these items and hence the reason sellers on here don't give them by proper eyeshadow color names on their "palette 01, 02, 03 and 04". I'm sorry for the bother.

Dear casadalinnis,

hi- before i even paid for the item- i checked with mac and after finding out they were fake i didnt pay for the item. thanks for the heads up!

- rlal

I took the last 2 numbers off her Ebay name out of privacy but she's the only person I ever received a thank you from. Yes, I'm that gay because it actually made me feel like I did something right by someone. This is still in my inbox because it meant my time wasn't wasted and someone got why I sent this message. I reported this seller in mass amount and kiki11396 is Not a registered user on Ebay anymore. I lose track of my real e-mail to Trust and Safety but it's worth it sometimes.

Thank you Vixxan because her pigments were tempting me yesterday. You just saved me another pigment fiasco. I also owe you a thank you because I found an amazingly kick bass seller on Specktra because of you, splattergirl, Tish and Resha.
th_DANCE.gif
<---I'm that happy and I've only gotten the delivery confirmation so far. XD[/quote]

Amazing!!!

That's what I call being proactive. You probably saved a few people from paying for fakes even if they didn't say so. I never thought about doing that but I'm thinking about it now.

User27

Quote:
Thanks ladies, i escalated the claim this afternoon with pictures and words described. let see hows go

I wish you well. I've been through only the one Paypal claim over MAC but you might get a lot of e-mails from the seller asking you to drop your claim. Stay strong if you know you were wronged. I thank everyone who has experienced this person because I almost jumped hard last night to a pigment and you saved me the aggravation.
th_wallbash.gif
It's odd we all end up each others' guinea pigs but I guess there's a reason to it all.

pumpkincat210

don't ever ever close your claim until you are fully satisfied. i would even go one step further if you send it back and get signature confirmation. Next time don't throw anything away either. I wish you the best of luck!

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan

Amazing!!!

That's what I call being proactive. You probably saved a few people from paying for fakes even if they didn't say so. I never thought about doing that but I'm thinking about it now.

The seller must have told Ebay I was warning her customers when they started questioning her though. Some still left glowing feedback and ignored the warning but I stayed on her until she was shut down. From the eyeshadows with sponge tip applicator to palettes galore...she was definitely behind on her fakes. It's frustrating having to wait for the seller to leave feedback to let the buyer know but I was pissed when I saw the $84.00 transaction because I would have sought blood. I hate when they throw in gifts to make the deal seem better because it's a big head game to get more buyers to jump to fake products. I think Ebay probably dreads seeing a Trust and Safety Community Watch deal from me but I only wish they'd leap when it was reported as opposed to after the fact...that's my only qualm with them.

I think MAC should consider expanding the availability of CCO's instead of putting mass amounts in some states and leaving others out in the cold. My state has 3 and I'm like what about the person who has 0 in their state? People overseas have to fight shipping fees plus try to find authentic, god forbid they get a fake because the shipping is horrendous from what I've heard. I think it would cut the risk of fraudulent sales if people had more access but I'm not the head of MAC....wish to God I was because pigments would come up missing.
graucho.gif

BellaItalia1969

Then I contacted the people that left her positive feedback for e/s that I knew were fakes like mine. And then they started to question her. Quote:

th_crazy2.gif

Hiya Casadalinnis,
winks.gif
Im inclined to agree with you ..i always report all the fake Mac auctions,and it's sellers i usually do it when i have 10 min spare etc,it doesn't really take long time but having bought 2 counterfeit Mac products off eBay,makes me much more aware of all these fakes!I also have emailed sellers of the fakes and asked them if they knew it's illegal to sell counterfeits as genuine items etc,etc ...no matter what!!
angry.gif
Some of the excuses you hear ...are truly unbelievable!!!

I abhor fakes of any kind ...(sigh)I still have mine genuine LVB,that my OH bought for me, but so many around my town are using these ...fakes i just lost the will to use mine
ssad.gif

admiral8

Quote:

juicy - what tipped you off that it was fake?