Help me love the idea of working for Lancome!

colorlvr

Hi all - I introduced myself earlier today and am just throwing up another post as I look for insight into this industry.

I am in the process of being employed by Lancome at a cosmetics counter (as full time counter manager) in a department store. My husband is normally the breadwinner for our family, but has recently lost his job so I had a "shoe in" at this store and jumped on it. I am a licensed cosmetologist in NYS so they are glad to have me at the counter. (not that there aren't a lot of talented MUAs out there who didn't start out in the salon - I just think they consider my salon experience a big bonus)

Anywho... last night I sat up until 1am reading the "I love it when customers try to tell me how to do my job" thread, and now I am TERRIFIED that I won't like working behind the counter!

Can anyone give me the PRO'S of this profession, and get me psyched again for working with makeup?

I love the beauty industry and having the Lancome experience on my resume must be a good thing.

RoseyPosey

You are a licensed Cosmetologist. You KNOW the pros of the job. Dont let a thread psych you out. That thread is for people(like you) to vent after a hard day.

No matter what industry youre in, there will always be people hounding you. I work at a mortgage company and a tire shop (right now) and am hounded by people all day long thinking they know what im talking about better.

Knew2this

awww make it work for you. I too work at a make up counter and it is just like any other customer service position when working with different people you will have tons of experiences good and bad.
yes.gif

xox4becca

I worked at the lancome counter for almost a year. I loved it! The gratis was plentiful, however it mostly includes anti aging creams and well, i'm 21 i dont need to plump my wrinkles. The main things to remember with lancome is they are insane about their skincare. Make up is pretty self explanatory. Its the same every counter pretty much.

The skin care tester unit pretty much goes in order with age although they claim not to "age" their clients. The left side of it (should start with aqua fusion beinfait) is the most basic mouisterizers and skin care. The further you get down the more complex the treatment is. ie primordial is for people who are just seeing the signs of aging and wanting to stop them before they start mostly PREVENTATIVE, then high resolution is repairing wrinkles that are starting to show, not deep. deep wrinkles and dry skin calls for absolue. EVERYTHING absolue. women swear on it, never understood myself. then platneum is for thinning or deep deep wrinkles... really super old ladys like this lol.

lancome believes in a serum with every moisturizer to prep the skin and enhance the outcome of the moisterizer... whatever lol

anyways. i suggest learning the meaning of proxalyne lol. its in almost thousands of the products.

oh and the foundation-- just a cheat sheet- teint idole is for long lasting oily ish skin

absolue- dry skin- plum wrinkles
renergie microlift- dry skin, lifting (duh lol)
photogenic- is magical on pores and any skin type, usually dryer but i am oily and love itt!

hope i helped and... didnt bore you to death!! hahah

metal_romantic

Don't worry! You will have some rude customers, some crazy customers, etc. but you will also meet some wonderful customers to make up for it. It's the same for every retail job. Congrats on your new job and I hope you enjoy it.
smiles.gif