Help me match my clothes please...

SpringDancer

So... I got these check skinny trousers and can't decide what to wear with them, other than plain black shirts of course... any ideas?
checkskinny.png

Also, I am looking for a belt for the dress below. What kind and color of belts would you get? I usually wear it with gray or with black leggings.
10a13uplelarge.jpg

Thanks for helping!
th_wink3.gif

moopoint

Those pants will match anything. White, red, black, green whatever. The color scheme is very user friendly, black and grey go with anything. Just don't wear another print with it.

Blueeyesangel18

I agree with moopoint any colour will match and stay away from prints with them as it may be too much, for the blue dress I would choose a chunky waist belt in red or mustard yellow these two colours will look fine with the colour leggings you wear

luvsic

Interesting choice of clothing! I like that blue dress.

I would have to say don't wear anything printed on top if you wear those pants - it'll be overkill. I know you say you can wear black t-shirts...but maybe try another neutral, like white, or grey loose tees, tight tees, and camis. TO jazz it up a little bit, I'd add a grey blazer or vest to make it a little dressier, along with some knee high boots.

how-they-wear-plaid.jpg

Pay attention to how the second girl is dressed...

plaid_pants.jpg

Other than that it's not a really flexible piece, you have to be careful when matching it up or the outfit could be disastrous.

And ah yes, that dress. It's precious...I would go with a MOD look and wear white chunky belt with it, with some cute white or off-white bangles and big white rimmed sunglasses. But that's just me
smiles.gif

HTH!

autumnschild

a) white doc martens and a neon-colored tee

b)i think it look better with no belt. it'd be cute bare-legged and with calf or knee-length boots
smiles.gif

SpringDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
^I think the second girl is Kate Moss. Hehe.

My first question is: are you a 'cool' or 'warm' toned person?

Skin wise? I'm NC20, dark brown hair, brown eyes.

SpringDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnschild
b)i think it look better with no belt. it'd be cute bare-legged and with calf or knee-length boots
smiles.gif

That's impossible, I'm afraid
graucho.gif
If I wear it bare-legged I will only be able to stand in it... it goes up to the crotch-line if I lift my arms. It's a true bummer though, I wish it was just a tad bit longer and then I wouldn't need leggings...

SpringDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsic
Interesting choice of clothing! I like that blue dress.

And ah yes, that dress. It's precious...I would go with a MOD look and wear white chunky belt with it, with some cute white or off-white bangles and big white rimmed sunglasses. But that's just me
smiles.gif

HTH!

The dress is actually more purple than blue, and I love it! I actually didn't even notice it when I was looking through the store. I asked the salesman for another purple dress in my size, and he came back with this. I only tried it on because it was there... I got it because I absolutely loved it and despite of the fact I didn't really need it (I came there to find a dress for a wedding). I was so bummed when I walked again into that store 3 weeks later to find it on the 50% off rack!
angry.gif

Thanks for the great tips!

metal_romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDancer
Skin wise? I'm NC20, dark brown hair, brown eyes.

NC is actually yellow toned, which is usually called "warm" (MAC is the other way around), am I right? I haven't bought their foundation before (I know, I know, it's about time). I ask because I was going to suggest hot pink/ fuschia etc. but despite the word "hot", they are cool, which may not be your best choice. Most greys have a cool quality, which is why they match so well with cool pinks. If you're warm toned, perhaps a bright, clear orange would match as it would be close to your face (whereas I wouldn't recommend grey for your top half if you are warm toned. It's hard to say because they're fab pants but not what I would really recommend for a warm person). If the orange is too warm (like any orange you would see on a tree in autumn) then it might look odd with the grey. Bright tangerine/ citrus orange might work though. It would also give a cool retro quality which I think you might like based on your choices
smiles.gif

SpringDancer

Quote:
NC is actually yellow toned, which is usually called "warm" (MAC is the other way around), am I right? I haven't bought their foundation before (I know, I know, it's about time). I ask because I was going to suggest hot pink/ fuschia etc. but despite the word "hot", they are cool, which may not be your best choice. Most greys have a cool quality, which is why they match so well with cool pinks. If you're warm toned, perhaps a bright, clear orange would match as it would be close to your face (whereas I wouldn't recommend grey for your top half if you are warm toned. It's hard to say because they're fab pants but not what I would really recommend for a warm person). If the orange is too warm (like any orange you would see on a tree in autumn) then it might look odd with the grey. Bright tangerine/ citrus orange might work though. It would also give a cool retro quality which I think you might like based on your choices
smiles.gif

Yup, pinks are definitely not my color. Your suggestions sound very interesting, I'll try them out. Thanks!

funkychik02

Quote:
^I think the second girl is Kate Moss. Hehe.

My first question is: are you a 'cool' or 'warm' toned person?

Yup, on the top it's Kate. On the bottom, it's Gwen.

Latest posts