help me out girls

amishmethlab

I am doing make-up for a non-profit group's fashion show where the majority of models will be of African-American and Latina decent.

Is there anything different I should stock in my kit than I would typically for my typical white bread bridal clients? (I hope this isn't culturally insensitive of me but I have very little experience with clients of darker skin tones so I was just looking for advice to make these girls look their best!)
th_dunno.gif

MAHALO

IMO One of the most critical things that you will need to have is a variety of foundation shades that will work for a wide range of skintones. Also, you will need to be prepared to address oily skin issues.

Face2Mac

You need blushes in the coral/orange and peach variety and they have to be pigmented. These will be most natural on brown skin but if you need rosiness you can just mix a little rose on top of blush.

I agree with the oil solutions. Primer is a must especially in the T-Zone.

I think lipcolors are pretty universal, all depends on frostiness and pigmentation of person lips.

blazeno.8

Have you considered getting different lip colors or skin luminizers? When my sister got married, she didn't want neutral lips, she wanted an incredibly dark berry red. That was much darker than most of the other weddings I had worked at before. Most of the brides before wanted neutral or a bright midtone red. But trends could have changed... I'd just ask which they prefer. Also, if the lips are dark, I'd stay away from bright blushes and just going with something warming for the cheeks.