Help! My case is SO heavy!

Naked Lunch

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm starting school on Monday and I put my train case, and set bag on my luggage carrier, and it's soooo hard to get up and down the stairs. I actually have to lift the whole thing up and carry it up and down the stairs.

Is there an easier way to travel with all this stuff?

MisStarrlight

Hahaha, good luck with that hun!

I once weighed my kit when I was going to school & it was like 80 pounds...it took me until the final week in hair class to get this down & now I can fit just about everything in the set bag.

To make it a bit lighter for you
*Ditch the traincase
*You'll need everything the first day, but when you get the syllabus you will know what days you need to bring on certain days & won't have to bring everything every day.
*Organize your stuff in plaztic zipper bags
*Put your lipsticks in the Japonesque palette

I'm sure there's more, but I've had a very emotionally trying day so that's all I've got for right now.

martygreene

Yup, first thing to do is ditch the traincase. They're heavy, and they aren't economical with space. Most people I know are going the hard-sided wheely suitcase route these days.

Palette anything you can- foundations, lipsticks, etc.

Don't carry full-sized products with you- decant down into smaller containers.

honyd

good 4 u.. what school are u going to??? i hope not capri inst...lol j/k... what i did was like msstar said... baggie things... downsize... if they offer u a locker clear out ur case of the things u dont need and get a good lock n store it in there. I kno in the kit they gave me in school i didnt use a single thing until demo days or practical tests. if its ur own mu ur bringing.... please be careful with it... so much stuff got stolen in the school i went to. So only bring samples or like marty said palette everything!... well good luck and have fun... and dont take ur eyes off that case... not even when u got to the ladies room!! lol

pixichik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
LOVE my shiny cherry red Hy's rolling hardside suitcase. SuhWEEET.

Sorry, bit slow... what brand suitcase?

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbear03
Ok dumb question from a newbie, but where do you purchase the palettes to put foundation and lipstick in?

Alcone, Industry Cosmetics, Japonesque, Jordane, etc.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherbear03
Ok dumb question from a newbie, but where do you purchase the palettes to put foundation and lipstick in?

Also, the Container Store, hardware stores, the house and/or outdoor section of Walmart & stuff like that can have stuff that is worth looking at.

pixichik77

OMG, I just looked them up and they are gorgeous. I already keep my hair coloring/styling stuff in a spare (softsided) suitcase, and my traincase just BROKE so I am looking into suitcases. I just think I will miss the drawers and foldout options in most traincases.

pixichik77

Ladies who use suitcases... Do you have photos of the interior of your setups? At this point I am contemplating tackle box trays/plastic boxes set into an interior of foam.. like a pelican case, but one I can change as needed. But I would love to see solutions from other people...