HELP! My laptop is being attacked!

pratbc

Silly me let someone borrow my laptop a week ago and, since then, I am being attacked with web pages advertising anti-spyware software popping up. There is even a message that pops up in my toolbar asking me to download these programs. I currently use Spybot and the McCaffee scan that comes with AOL. I keep running them and deleting the "intruders" but the pesky pages still pop up!
Does anyone know of a free program I can download to get rid of this mess? I cannot afford to pay for one or to take the computer in somewhere.
I truly appreciate any help anyone can give me- sorry this post is so random.

bluelagoon

sounds like a Trojan. I had one a couple months back and it gave me the same erratic behavior you describe.When I would run a sweep my computer would shut down before the sweep was finished or the Trojan would go undetected by the sweep.I got the same advertising for anti-spyware software... in the end I got online support through my anti-virus program, they helped me get rid of it.Does your program come with online support? They will help you get rid of it. I use Spysweeper by the way.HTH

Obreathemykiss

I had something similar and had to reinstall windows. I would suggest going to add/remove programs and removing any toolbars that look strange, programs that look strange, etc. Sorry honey, I'm not that techie but I can tell you uninstalling a lot of that crap will help.

Latest posts