Help, my Petticoat MSF has shattered!

LP_x

I went to use my Petticoat this morning and it had all broken. I'm devastated. Now I know why people buy backups.

Is there any way I can repair it or am I doomed?

BloopBloop

hmm i purchased a petticoat from one of the gals here. i hope they dont split easily, especially since its in the mail and all.

MissResha

i remember when i broke my refined golden. ohhh i was so pissed. but i took a piece of wax paper and pressed the hell out of it........

and it sooo didnt help
ssad.gif

MzzRach

I agree with transferring it to a jar and using it loose.

th_hug.gif
I'm so sorry! I hope even broken it can still be workable for you.

Mabelle

I've saved a Mineralized Eyeshadow by repressing it using the method in the video. However it wasnt shattered into teeny peices. the domed part had splt off rather cleanly. Also, it does get kinda crumbly.

I would say, if its not in teeny peices, try to repress it. If its a no go, no harm done. Just transfer it to a jar and use it loose.

LP_x

Thanks all. I'll try repairing it tomorrow and transfer it if I fail. It's my favourite MSF ever so I'm gutted. It's my first MAC casualty too.

nunu

Oh, i remember how you wanted a back up of this when it was released
th_hug.gif

I agree with the others i think you can just use it loose.

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
Alcohol or use it loose.

I've saved a number of shadows and mineralized products with these methods.

Yep, alcohol indeed makes it all better
th_LMAO.gif

I know what you mean, I'm giddy and lacking in the food department.

ahem, But seriously!

If you take the product and cut it up really fine you have a better chance of having it swish back in the pot. When I do this i don't even need the alcohol. Or the waiting time.

ohnna-lee

I don't have the experience of choping up MSF, I am a clutz blessed with a wall to wall carpet and a grip like a baby, so I hope what I said applies without the pieces flying all over the room.

Sorry for your headache.

LP_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnna-lee
I don't have the experience of choping up MSF, I am a clutz blessed with a wall to wall carpet and a grip like a baby, so I hope what I said applies without the pieces flying all over the room.

Sorry for your headache.

Perhaps I should just stick to the alcohol. That makes everything better, right?
th_LMAO.gif

Nunu you have a great memory
lol.gif
But you're right, I wanted a back up then but missed out
cry.gif

It's annoying because even though I use(d) it aaaaaaaaaaaall the time, it was still domed, practically like new.

TwiggyPop

Aww, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I would be gutted too, Petticoat is my favorite product I own. Like most other people said, try using alcohol; isopropyl first and if that fails then go for the ethyl alcohol. haha. I wouldn't go for ethyl first, that bitch might make things worse.
winks.gif

Latest posts