Help?: Nars Multiple Sticks

barbie.doll

(I hope that I'm posting this in the correct thread!)

I am looking into buying a few of the Nars Multiple sticks but I need some recommendations from you girls.

I have a tan complexion at the moment... Do you all have any ideas of which shades will work well with my skin tone?

I'd appreciate your input! Thanks!
winks.gif

*photo attached to get an idea of what my skin tone looks like. sorry it's quite small though!

alka1

Are you looking for a blush or bronzer? or something to highlight with?

Portofino is a pretty coral-pink blush.. Orgasm is a nice pinky-peach, but it might disappear on your skin tone and it will only be useful for highlight.

South beach is another really good one, a beautiful apricot-bronzey shade. For your skintone I think Palm Beach might work better, it has more brown tones in it.

Penn

The only multiple I have is Palm Beach and it's a lovely bronze colour for summer. I'm NC 30-35

mandycd

I have almost all of the multiples. My favorites are portofino, south beach, malibu, and copacobana. I think the are all lovely except maldives (I had it and returned it because it is a chalkier texture then the others and it does not blend well- I may have just gotten a 'bad' one tho). I love them, I dont think it is possible to go wrong.
smiles.gif
)

Strawberrymold

My faves are

Maui which is a dusty rose color
Palm beach- a very pretty golden bronze
Portofino- warm coral with lot's of shimmer
Cocopacabana- as a pearlish highlighter

also they just came out with bronzer multiple sticks which are much more matte & Malaysia is beautiful on a medium to tan skin tone.

Hope that helps
smiles.gif

barbie.doll

Alka: Well, I'm open to either the bronze blushes (like south beach, palm beach, etc.) and the other blushes because I'm planning on buying more than one.
smiles.gif

shellyshells

My fave combo right now is Maldives to contour and Riviera on the apples of my cheeks.

I also really love Copacabana & Cannes. I'm hoping to pick up one of the non shimmery bronzer multiples too... cap vert or malaysia... not sure which i like better yet...

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshells
My fave combo right now is Maldives to contour and Riviera on the apples of my cheeks.

I also really love Copacabana & Cannes. I'm hoping to pick up one of the non shimmery bronzer multiples too... cap vert or malaysia... not sure which i like better yet...

I read Cap Vert was a bit lighter and more cool-toned than Malaysia, which apparently has more bronze in it. I will hopefully be picking up Malaysia next week
smiles.gif

barbie.doll

Do you girls know if Mustique is available in Sephora stores? Or is it only available online?

Any other colors you can suggest? I'm having such a hard time deciding. :/

*neerja*

hey! im arround nc 40 south asian/indian. and today my bf picked up the nars multiple duo in portofino and malibu and i LOVE IT! portofino is more coralish pinkinsh and malibu is more like a plummy brown colour. i thought it was too dark for me to use on my cheeks so i put it on my lips and it looks GOREGOUS on our skintone! you might be able to acheive a more bronzish look with malibu. you can also use it as a base for your bronzer or other blushes to acheive diff colours. and i love that its multi-purpose and the colours of both of them looked so nice on my lips. i suggest you try to get a duo because for less than 10 dollars more you get two products. and they are limited edition.

barbie.doll

^Thanks! I saw Malibu today and thought it was very pretty! But I already have the Sin blush so I don't know if I would use Malibu the multiple.

I tried on South Beach today at Sephora. It actually looked a lot nicer than I thought it would. And, it did show up on my skin tone!
smiles.gif
So, I think I may be buying it in South Beach.

I also liked , Orgasm and Copacabana (<-- gorgeous!) So, we'll see what I end up purchasing.
smiles.gif

I also LOVED the hungry heart duo. I would use it only as eyeshadows or a highlighter. It's too light to be used as an actual blush, but still oh so pretty. I love the gold flecks.

barbie.doll

I'm thinking about getting Mustique now too. It sounds very pretty but my sephora doesn't carry it. Does anyone have a swatch of it by any chance? Please and thank you?

*neerja*

I'm hearing a lot about copacabana as well. but isnt it like the highlighter albatross? i jumped on the bandwagon and finally ordered some albatross, outlaw blush (did you know they are discontinuing it?! a lot of sephora stores and NARS counters have already stopped carrying it! get yours before its too late!) and a love set that contains orgasm blush, sex machine velvet matte lip pencil, and turkish delight lipgloss. i havn't heard about mustique actually *-) i'll look around for swatches

barbie.doll

Yeah, copacabana is probably a lot like albatross. But the multiple is very pretty. It truly is a pearly white highlighter. It's so gorgeous.

But I'm thinking now of getting South Beach, Mustique, Orgasm (maybe) and... for now I think that's it. I don't want to break my bank yet. lol.

barbie.doll

YAY. I bought the South Beach Multiple and Monoi Body Glow II set today from Sephora. I'll post swatches.

I also looked at Orgasm again and really liked it... but it was a tad bit too shimmery for my taste. Is Mustique a lot like Orgasm minus the extra glitter?

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie.doll
YAY. I bought the South Beach Multiple and Monoi Body Glow II set today from Sephora. I'll post swatches.

I also looked at Orgasm again and really liked it... but it was a tad bit too shimmery for my taste. Is Mustique a lot like Orgasm minus the extra glitter?

congrats on the new multiple! south beach is a gorgeous color
smiles.gif

have you checked out portofino? it's not very shimmery like orgasm and should show up better on your skin tone. it's a beautiful pink-coral shade
yes.gif

mandycd

Hi Barbie.doll- I passed on orgasm about 5 times thinking it was too shimmery in the stores. I finally bought it 'cause I wanted the Nars condoms, LOL. It looks wayyy better and less shimmery once applied to the face.
smiles.gif
)

So, here is my attempt to give you swatches of mustique. It's not the greatest picture, but hopefully you get a better idea of how it is. I swatched south beach first (to give you a reference), then orgasm, mustique, and copacobana. Mustique I swatched about 5 times so you could see its true color... it really goes on sheer/irredecent. It's kinda a golden-peach, but the more you apply... it looks more orange-peach (as you can see, it is not like orgasm at all). It's very nice, a great highlighter... and also really nice to use as a powder blush base!
smiles.gif

006.jpg

And I agree with Alka1- Portofino is one of my favorites, it absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

Latest posts