HELP! NC45 to NC 50 and NW 35 to NW 43 ladies help me. I have been wearing NC45 but now I dunno....

pinkcrush

U seem to be about my skintone... I recently purchased MUFE HD liquid in N177 n I absolutely love it!!! It has a unique balance of yellow and red undertones which made it perfect for me!!! I'm NC50/NW43 In MAC Studio Finish liquid... Kat Von D has some unique darker shades as well, I use Deep 74 in the Lock It Tatoo Foundation although it is slightly too red but Deep 66 is slightly too yellow... For a drugstore alternatives Revlon's Caramel is nice shade for girls with our tone,as well as Maybelline's Fit Me liquid in 340 Cappucino... Fit Me pressed powders run very light IMO, so I like 355 Coconut. U can always go to Sephora and get ur Color IQ which will give a list of ur best possible matches in most brands that the store carries, if thats available in ur area :)

PraiseBastet

2nd the lancome foundation, I'm in this range at mac but the lancome foundations feel better and match better for me

iaisha26

I'd suggest going to Sephora using their Foundation IQ software to find your closest shade and then trying all the brands that offer colors that match your tone. From your pic, you seems to warm in the center and cool around the perimeter...but thats based on a pic with possible flash

nikkideevah

I agree with the sephora color iq matching.. I haven't struggled since.. And you can either try them on there or get samples

ECfromDC

OMG what bad manners I have...sorry for taking forever and a day to come back to my own thread.
Thanks so much for all the opinions and to all those that have chimed in.
I have since branched out to A LOT of other brands lol i'm practically obsessed with always finding my match in a new/different brand.

About my NC45 situation......I find I cannot realty rock NC45 alone without some work like an concealer and/or powders that have a pinkish/reddish base. So....I have found NW43 is a better match but sometimes that can look a little deep and a little red but STILL A FAR BETTER MATCH than NC45 alone. Sometimes I wear NC45/NW43 together which works really well for me too. I talked to staff in 2 different Sephora and a Macy's and they all said I have a neutral but slightly red leaning undertone so neutral or reddish foundations would work better on me.

That can be hard though because I swear so many brands cater more to warm/yellow/golden undertones.

@deadSAVVY I took that suggestion about 1 month after your reply to a Macy's and this is pretty spot on....a much better match than NC45 alone....it pretty much went invisible on my skin when I got re-matched (my skin was tiny pinch deeper and tiny pinch redder by then too though).

@bell21 my undertone has almost an even mix of red+yellow (just a pinch more red tho) so just NC45 let alone NC45+NC50 would never work. It took me almost 2 yrs prior to my starting this thread to realize NC45 alone without a reddish powder wasn't quite right. NC45/NW43 or just NW43 I've found are the better alternatives for me. Big thanks. Hourglass's Liquid Powder foundation is a holy grail especially with me being an oily/combination girl...my best match is Sable (during summer months anyways). Back when I started this thread I was only using MAC or L'Oreal or Revlon or Black Opal or Maybelline (R.I.P. to Caramel in the Superstay formula) at the time. I've tried sooooo many different brands within the last year :). Nars is tricky for me....Cadiz has the undertone I need but it's a tiny pinch too light alone even tho it oxidizes a pinch so I mix it with Macao (R.I.P. to the Sheer Matte formula smh).

@pinkcrush just my luck i'm sorta in-between shades...i'm like a 175 with a pinch of 173 but I avoid mixing if I can and depending on the cost of the foundation lol so I just make 175 work. In the Kat Von D i've found that Deep 66 actually pretty much blends into my skintone (depending on the time on year i'm wearing it lol), I also wear Caramel in Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination, Maybelline Fit Me Matte I can just barely rock their 330 right now but i'm certain I'll need to mix with 355 when summer is near like start of June. I wish there was a 340 in the Maybelline Fit Me matte but they just skipped 340 in this new version smh. I sometimes wear Milani's Multitasker powder in 07-Dark Tan but it makes the 330 oxidize like A LOT so i'll have the get their 06-Medium Tan or I wear BH Cosmetics powder in 240 or their powder foundation as a setting powder in Warm Tan which work great.

@sagehen thanks...I've gotten matches for just about all of them except Fashion Fair.

@Angel007 I dig the Matchmaster even as an oily/combo girl too lol....I wish there was a 7.25 but I make 7.5 work.

Queenesq

I concur with everyone else. Although it's not 100% accurate, the Sephora foundation finder can be a time saver.....