Help Needed!!

rcastel10

My sister in law asked me if I could proctice a makeup look for a red dress she's wearing on my wedding. She wanted to have an idea of what she could do on herself that day. Problem is I started applying eyshadows such as shroom, era , patina, etc, but they didn't show up on her.
th_dunno.gif
She's really pale so I think that's the prblem. Do any of you have any suggestions for eyeshadows that I could use on her for a red dress that will actually show up. I would really appreciate it.
smiles.gif

hotti82

to make the colors stand out, try using a base like shadestick, paint or fluidline. you could use honesty, honey lust, woodwinked and mulch for a nice sort of neutral eye if that's what you wanted to do; shroom is a great color, looks best with a base though...
alternatively, you could skip the neutral eye and do a nice gold smokey look with nude lips...maybe goldmine, concrete and smolder with fresh brew l/s?

rcastel10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti82
to make the colors stand out, try using a base like shadestick, paint or fluidline. you could use honesty, honey lust, woodwinked and mulch for a nice sort of neutral eye if that's what you wanted to do; shroom is a great color, looks best with a base though...
alternatively, you could skip the neutral eye and do a nice gold smokey look with nude lips...maybe goldmine, concrete and smolder with fresh brew l/s?

Thanks!! I may have to try those colors on her to see if they work.

Rockell

Hi! I am fair skinned and while Shroom is a nice neutral wash, it definitely won't show up very much no matter what your skin tone. It's more for evening out the eye area, brightening, and providing a neutral canvas for other shades.

I think a smokey eye with a nude (try Hug Me - it's nude but it won't wash her out) lip would be stunning as well. IMO, you don't want to do a bright lip with a bright dress...too much competition.

MAChostage

When I was looking for e/s looks to wear with a red evening gown a MA from the MAC website suggested Ricepaper and Mulch. I liked the look!

glittergoddess27

A kinda bronzey smokey eye with a very light lip would be nice maybe Mythology as it has a slightly pink undertone,..but on me personally, red dress = crimson lips,.. barely any shadow just like a white gold shimmer and blacktrack fluidline seriously winged and some falsies,.. old movie bombshell look,.. knocks em down every time!