Help! Not familiar with new skin tone :(

shannyn92

Hi there. This weekend I am doing two young girls makeup for their mothers wedding. One of them I have worked with multiple times before, but the other daughter is the mother's new step daughter, and she is a different skin tone than the other. I have never worked with (sorry to say) girls that were not white or slightly hispanic, so this hawaiin/indian skin tone is very new to me. I am hoping that you girls will be able to correctly help me guess her studio fix fluid shade and recommend some colors that i can use on her the day of the wedding. The mother said she wants them to look naturally beautiful. Thank you ladies SO MUCH!!

Top.jpg

HeatherNicole

Hey lady!
Congrats on the booking and I know all will go well, be sure and post pics!
Looking at the picture she seems to have a yellowish undertone like me, so personally I would probably go somewhere between Studio Fix NC42 and NC 45.

As for color's I would try some purples. Maybe do a brown/chocolate in the crease, a matte purple on the lid, and then a shimmer purple directly on the lid for a small amount of pop.

Hope this helps!

Babylard

ive seen a girl with her skintone before at school, and she had gold eyeshadow on and it was gorgeous with her huge fluttery eyelashes and a simple winged liner. maybe a rosey-pink lip color would be nice too

Latest posts