Help please! Dyed hair red for xmas party, need colour advice!

Ria

Hello! I've just had my hair dyed quite a deep red for my Christmas party on Friday. With regards to my eye make-up, I'm not sure whether to go all out with blues / greens, tone it in with pinks / lilacs, or to play it safe with golds / browns??? Can anyone give me any advice, or point me to any tutorials please?
th_confused_new.gif
th_worship.gif

PS. My skintone suits most colours and I'll be wearing black. There's no limit as to how much I'll wear!

Thank you in advance!
bouquet.gif

jdepp_84

I have a redish red hair too and my eyes get complimented the most when I wear greens. So maybe go with greens???? It is a xmas color after all
smiles.gif

Frae

I had bright red streaks put in my dark hair about two weeks ago, and have found that the eye colors that looked best on me before the salon visit still work for the most part. I'm fair with a winter complexion and medium brown eyes so I tend to stick to cool colors. It might be different for someone with a darker complexion, different tone, or a warmer haircolor? I've had better luck experimenting with lip colors though - reds, even warmer ones, and fuschias, magentas, blue-pinks really bring out the new color of my hair. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the makeup to demonstrate.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

3057521556_c4a8c9282a.jpg

Shimmer

I ADORE Frae's hair. Wow.

Ok Um. The only colors I stay away from are dusty purples and blues...just because they're HORRID on my hair/skin combination. I'm an NC20 in MAC so if t hat helps yay.
Extremely cool blues, purples, and some greens are a no go at my station, but you can totally do a smoky eye with red hair no sweat.
smiles.gif

Ria

Thank you all for replying
th_DANCE.gif

Frae, your hair is gorgeous! I wish I'd have done that now instead!

I think after reading the posts, I'll try a smokey eye (thank you Shimmer) perhaps with a teal hue (thank you jdepp_84)

Merry Christmas in advance, if it goes ok, I'll post pics!

thmbup.gif
yahoo.gif

pdtb050606

I have dark auburn hair and am darker than NW30 but not quite NW35, and I used Lorac's e/s "green room" and did a smokey eye w/this and it looked awesome! peachy cheeks and a neutral lip...good luck

Frae

Oh yeah, I agree with Shimmer - any smokey eye would be pretty. It's so versatile! We would love to see pics when you decide.

Thanks on the hair comments too, ladies. /blushing
2.5 weeks later of almost daily washing (with a sulfate shampoo no less) and it's just a teeny bit less in vibrant that so far only I can tell. Red fades the quickest, so I realize I'll be back in the salon for a glaze touch-up or adding semi-perm color to my conditioners very soon.But I'm really surprised at the staying power of this so far.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria
Thank you all for replying
th_DANCE.gif

Frae, your hair is gorgeous! I wish I'd have done that now instead!

I think after reading the posts, I'll try a smokey eye (thank you Shimmer) perhaps with a teal hue (thank you jdepp_84)

Merry Christmas in advance, if it goes ok, I'll post pics!

thmbup.gif
yahoo.gif

Humid is a great smoky green on redheads.
smiles.gif

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Humid is a great smoky green on redheads.
smiles.gif

That's exactly what came to my mind when I saw the thread title. Humid over sharkskin + carbon for a smoky eye =
heat.gif
I like to throw some forest green pigment in, too, but that's not necessary.

user79

I just did a tutorial on my Youtube page that I think would look great for redheads, using coppery colors.

But I think golds and greens would also work.

Ria

Thank you everyone, Humid is next on my purchase list
thmbup.gif

MissChievous, I'll definitely be having a go at your tutorial too, as I have so many others. I think your talent and ideas are amazing.
th_worship.gif

Unfortunately, after all your kind suggestions, I ended up with flu and couldn't go to the party, however, there's another coming up and I'll be posting pics as soon as I have some.

Thank you all again, I love this site and everyone on it!!
heart.gif

Latest posts