help please! grad photos next week.

rayne.

so i'm finally graduating this year from high school (i'm only 17, haha.) & my grad photos are next week (rather, thursday). i'm not sure what look i'm looking for, but i'm open for suggestions with the colours i have. i'm willing to test run anything prior to thursday. :p for reference, i'm nc15 (i'm really, really white, haha), green eyes, brown hair. for eyebrows, i fill them in using mystery if that gives you a better idea.

so the colours i have aree:

-Shroom
-Carbon
-Mystery
-Satin Taupe
-Trax
-Beauty Marked
-Shadowy Lady
-Humid
-Swimming
-Juxt
-Sumpulous Olive
-Ricepaper
-All That Glitters
-Smoke & Diamonds
-Omega

the palettes i have:
-Spiced Chocolate Quad
-Graphic Garden '09 Fresh Cut Palette

worse comes to worse, i go to my emergency look which is using my fresh cut palette which would be fresh cut in the inner 1/3, sun-shy in middle 1/3, then floral inc. in the outer 1/3.

oh god, that looks alot bigger than what it really is.

Ziya

TBH (Please don't be offended) I would reccomend a neutral look. I know a looottt of girls that got seriously dolled up for their grad pics and majorly regretted it. Let me explain, I dont know how it is at your school, but at mine we wore the grad gown and sash for most of the poses and one or two alternate outfits if you chose to bring them. The girls that wore colorful or crazy dramatic makeup found that it MAJORLY clashed with the regalia. I seriously wish I could scan my yearbook pics for you, it was that bad. Also, you might not realise this now, but grad pics are a lot like your wedding pictures ie. you want to look like you only better!
You sound like you're on the right track in terms of makeup for a 17 year old (lol I was rocking all DS, all wrong at that age
greengrin.gif
) so I'm pretty sure whatever you come up with will look GORGEOUS but I do think neutral with some pizazz would be the way to go. I think considering your youth, you could add a pop of colour in your e/s but definitely consider adding depth and dimension using a darker color in your crease or outer v.
The colors you mention for your emergency look sound absolutely stunning, but I would reconsider for an event like this, or simply modify it to include some sophistication given the formality of the occasion.
Just my opinion, I think every school/country differs so sorry if I'm way off!
greengrin.gif
hth

Almond_Eyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziya
TBH (Please don't be offended) I would reccomend a neutral look. I know a looottt of girls that got seriously dolled up for their grad pics and majorly regretted it. Let me explain, I dont know how it is at your school, but at mine we wore the grad gown and sash for most of the poses and one or two alternate outfits if you chose to bring them. The girls that wore colorful or crazy dramatic makeup found that it MAJORLY clashed with the regalia. I seriously wish I could scan my yearbook pics for you, it was that bad. Also, you might not realise this now, but grad pics are a lot like your wedding pictures ie. you want to look like you only better!
You sound like you're on the right track in terms of makeup for a 17 year old (lol I was rocking all DS, all wrong at that age
greengrin.gif
) so I'm pretty sure whatever you come up with will look GORGEOUS but I do think neutral with some pizazz would be the way to go. I think considering your youth, you could add a pop of colour in your e/s but definitely consider adding depth and dimension using a darker color in your crease or outer v.
The colors you mention for your emergency look sound absolutely stunning, but I would reconsider for an event like this, or simply modify it to include some sophistication given the formality of the occasion.
Just my opinion, I think every school/country differs so sorry if I'm way off!
greengrin.gif
hth

I agree, neutral look would probably be best. You have a lot of good shadows to work with
thmbup.gif

One of my favorite neutral looks has been a Shroom (all-over wash, or just on the lid) and Satin Taupe (crease, or outer 1/3 of lid) combination. You could always add some other colours in their if it's too plain for you, I would suggest something in the purple family since your eyes are green. Nothing too bright or colourful though.

Also, if you plan to wear foundation, don't wear anything with SPF in it, otherwise it will make you look really pale with the flash photography!

HTH

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed
I agree, neutral look would probably be best. You have a lot of good shadows to work with
thmbup.gif

One of my favorite neutral looks has been a Shroom (all-over wash, or just on the lid) and Satin Taupe (crease, or outer 1/3 of lid) combination. You could always add some other colours in their if it's too plain for you, I would suggest something in the purple family since your eyes are green. Nothing too bright or colourful though.

Also, if you plan to wear foundation, don't wear anything with SPF in it, otherwise it will make you look really pale with the flash photography!

HTH

I totally agree on that combination!

gildedangel

I too would go natural/neutral. For my casual and formal senior pics I did thicker liner winged out a little and shroom all over the lid, and for my actual graduation (we wore bright blue robes) I wore a light grey/silver smoky eye.

FiestyFemme

I agree with going neutral! It may seem boring, but you can look back on your pictures and never look dated. I'd suggest Shroom on the lid, Satin Taupe in the crease, and either Carbon or the dark brown shade from the Spiced Chocolate quad to darken the outer corners. HTHS and congrats!

anshu7

I also agree with a Neutral. Also, No SPF in ur fdtn. It gives a white cast in pictures

kimmy

i'd just use smoke & diamonds on the lid and a little up past the crease, carbon smudged at the lashline and nanogold (from spiced chocolate) to highlight. timeless, neutral makeup is the best way to go for grad photos or else you'll be looking at them in ten years (or in my case, three) and asking yourself "what the hell was i a thinking?"

BEA2LS

i tend to agree, though to be real honest sometimes it is more fun to look back on pictures and see how things used to be and how you really used to look. for my graduation picture (which my school had done junior year so it was a good nine years ago), i wore black eyeliner, pink (pale) lipstick and black eyeliner. simple and the picture still very much looks like me.. i have not changed much, i guess.