Help, please!? Is this 209 fake? (pics)

x__methodacting

Hello all, this is my first post
wavey.gif
... too bad it can't be more positive! I just got this 209 from ebay and it
seems kind of off to me, but I'm not sure because I only own one other MAC brush. Here you go:
069.jpg

071.jpg

Notice the glue? There's a little globule of glue or something. Also, on the transition
from the black part to the silver part there's a ridge, while on my other brush
it's a smooth transition (if that makes sense haha).

072.jpg

079.jpg

It also has USA imprinted in it. I noticed it smelled a bit of paint
(a telltale sign, I know
ssad.gif
); however, this seller
has a 99.8% positive rating, and none of the negatives mention anything about fakes.

Thanks for the desperately-needed help!

panda0410

This brush shows fairly poor craftsmanship and I sincerely doubt that MAC would sell something with obvious flaws like this.

x__methodacting

What's the difference between this one and yours? I think I'm going to contact the seller and ask for a refund, but I'm of course going to have to have some good reasons for why I think it's a fake :\

here_is_gone_88

I'm sorry but that is a fake!!! The actual metal looks off, the smell is a huge sign and the glue is NOT a mac brush, they wouldn't let that out. Good luck.

x__methodacting

Meh, she says she guarantees it's 100% authentic. She'll give me a refund but only if I pay the return shipping... meaning that all that work of packaging it and going to the post office will be for about $5. I don't know if it's worth it.

Malice

Which eBay Shop is it?

I'm soooo fed up with all these shops selling more and more fakes! You cannot trust anybody!

It seems to me like the amount of fakes sold increased dramatically within the last few months, isn't it?!