Help Please!!!

MarniMac

I am not sure where this should go mods, so sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I am so po'ed right now.
I set up a swap on MUA (I don't want to talk about it on MUA because the girl I'm swapping with posts over there) with a girl. The first time I was swapping my night affair lg (used 1x), crystal rose lg (used 1x) and an old lust lg that for some reason she was okay swapping for (she knew ahead of time it was old and smelly lol). So after we finalize the swap she tells me that she tried on night affair at her friend's house and it looked really heinous on her, and she wasn't sure about swapping for the lust lg anymore, both of which were fine with me. So we changed the swap for peppier e/s and creme de la femme l/s, as well as the crystal rose lg. We all know crystal rose lg can be kind of hard shade to wear (I couldn't which is why I was swapping it)...so she gets her package and sends me a pissy email saying that the crystal rose smells sooo bad its giving her a migraine. I didn't smell at all when I had it...I mean yeah, I check for that kind of stuff before I send things for the swap. I had bought the l/g in October, tried it once and not used it again. I mean heck, I have lg's way older that aren't rancid AT ALL. Bottom line...I think she got the l/g and thought the same thing I did...that its a heinous shade she doesn't want. And of course, its in my hands to make it right, because thats good swapping ettiquette. I am so done with swapping. Gah.
This after a girl sent me three completely ruined items (gingerbread man body wash leaked all over package, chopper l/s covered in glue, i kid you not and a rusty shisheido eyelash curler).
Any advice is appreciated, although I'm pretty sure I'm just going to have to eat it on this one
ssad.gif

Beauty Mark

Well, personally, I think she's shady. I would send an email back, stating that you are sorry if she thinks that the lipgloss went bad. I would also send an email to her, stating that she did a piss poor job of sending your stuff. The leaked product may have rusted the eyelash curler, but it's possible that it was already rusty. The lipstick- no excuse whatsoever.

I would take a photo of it. I don't know how MUA handles shoddy swaps, but if you were going to be vengeful, you could always do a "Don't trade with" list in your profile, explain why, and show the photo.

saniyairshad

iagree.gif
she's sooo shady and she's making excuses to cover up her faults, a l/g cannot give u a migraine, that has to be the stupidest thing ive heard. I get bad migraines and even the most scented l/gs do NOT give me a migraine...

silverblackened

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniyairshad
I get bad migraines and even the most scented l/gs do NOT give me a migraine...

Same here. I get insane migraines, and also love wearing l/gs; I've never had a problem. Heck, my sister wears some of the strongest perfumes ever, and they don't give me migraines unless something else (ie. long car rides) kind of adds on to it.

Definitely email her about it, and if she refuses to make up for any of it, I think you'd be totally justified in handing her a red token on MUA.

Hawkeye

She's pulling a fast one on you. Just tell her point blank that you refuse to do anything else. Then if she gives you a retalitory e-mail elky to have it removed.

MarniMac

Actually she wasn't the swapper who sent the spilled body wash, rusted eyelash curler, and l/s covered in glue...that was a whole other swap gone wrong
th_remoteImage-61.gif
Sorry if that was confusing.
I haven't even gotten her end yet...I'm new to swapping, so I had to send my end first. Just to placate her, I agreed to send her crystal e/s in exchange for my crystal rose l/g...she said that it smelled so bad that I didn't have to worry, she didn't even try it on...yeah right.
Another shady thing was she asked me yesterday if I had received my end yet ( like I was shirking my token leaving responsibility)...well it was sunday and she is sending from across the country, and she only just shipped on wednesday...so it would be like a miracle if it had come before then. It didn't come today either...I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to turn into some huge fiasco...honestly I just wanted to get this one last swap done with so I could end the horror that is swapping.
Thanks for the support and advice guys.

Latest posts