Help! Quick styling tips for very curly hair?

S.S.BlackOrchid

I have naturally thick, curly hair. Does anyone have tips on styling curly hair when you are short on time (i.e.workout->shower->work/school)?

I am considering BKT, but don't have the money right now.

Btw, this is my natural hair...
Photo0023.jpg

I am also thinking of getting my hair cut. Here are some inspirations. What do you think?
Sherilyn_Fenn_tight_closeup.jpg

Sherilyn-Fenn-0970.jpg

1140531727elizabethVargas_20080710.jpg

charlize_theron_20080710.jpg

banana1234

i would take your pics to the hair dresser, and get them to cut it into that sort of shape, u'd be amazed how much better that makes it.
my sister has hair just like yours and she has tried EVERYTHING!
she actually found the best thing to do, is get a good cut, so you dont get 'triangle head' as she calls it, it allows the top layers to go a bit curlier, and the bottom longer layers to be more relaxed making a rounder over all shape.
secondly, what ever conditioner she uses, she rinses out, towel dries her hair, and then applies a small amount of conditioner back onto the hair, to stop fly aways and weight it down a little. (not too much though or it goes greasy)
and remember, serum is your new best friend

also she says a styling cream with a little hold (not too much) that moisturises is great,
and she says dont blow dry unless you use a diffuser, she says she finds it best to let it air dry with the conditioner, serum and styling cream of your choice on, to stop it getting out of control

smiles.gif
xx
th_hug.gif
hope this helps

edit: she also says you could try mousse, but it does make your hair crispy, and she doesnt like that, plus the next day u have to wash it out, other wise it is a mess after you've slept on it

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i would take your pics to the hair dresser, and get them to cut it into that sort of shape, u'd be amazed how much better that makes it.
my sister has hair just like yours and she has tried EVERYTHING!
she actually found the best thing to do, is get a good cut, so you dont get 'triangle head' as she calls it, it allows the top layers to go a bit curlier, and the bottom longer layers to be more relaxed making a rounder over all shape.
secondly, what ever conditioner she uses, she rinses out, towel dries her hair, and then applies a small amount of conditioner back onto the hair, to stop fly aways and weight it down a little. (not too much though or it goes greasy)
and remember, serum is your new best friend

also she says a styling cream with a little hold (not too much) that moisturises is great,
and she says dont blow dry unless you use a diffuser, she says she finds it best to let it air dry with the conditioner, serum and styling cream of your choice on, to stop it getting out of control

smiles.gif
xx
th_hug.gif
hope this helps

edit: she also says you could try mousse, but it does make your hair crispy, and she doesnt like that, plus the next day u have to wash it out, other wise it is a mess after you've slept on it

Hehe, I call it triangle head too. Thanks for the tips, sounds like your sister has a similar experience to mine. I will definitely try the conditioner thing, never done that before.

Latest posts