Help styling bob type hair!

Sophia84

I recenty had a bob cut, it's all new to me, since I always had long hair. The back of my hair has many layers, the top are really short and the inside hair are longer, at the same length as the front. I love how my hair look when is straight, but my hair's wavy and thin and I like to leave my natural hair type most of the times, but I know nothing about how to style them, how to enchance the waves with that particular haircut.
What styling products are the best to do that, now that some parts of the hair ar short?? A regular gel, a texturizing gel, a molding paste, a mousse????

I already have Paul Mitchell's Round trip to enchance curls and frizziness, but I guess now that are shorter I'll need more texture, what other product to mix with PM's Round Trip?? Any reccomendations are welcome, and specific product suggestions, even more helpful!

I really need your help!

Thanks!!

mysteryflavored

Herbal Essences Body Envy gel is a really good, cheap one. It dries crunchy, but that can be scrunched out easily.

I think Max Green Alchemy (sold at most Whole Foods) makes a really good range of gels.

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryflavored
Herbal Essences Body Envy gel is a really good, cheap one. It dries crunchy, but that can be scrunched out easily.

I think Max Green Alchemy (sold at most Whole Foods) makes a really good range of gels.

Thanks!! Too bad we have none of them here
angry.gif

RoseyPosey

With a bob hairstyly, i think it fits best for people with natrually straight/straightened/daily flat ironed hair.

If styling it straight isnt something ideal for you, i would prbably grow it out. but just blowdrying the longer peices with a round brush can achieve the straight look without taking much time at all.

Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyPosey
With a bob hairstyly, i think it fits best for people with natrually straight/straightened/daily flat ironed hair.

If styling it straight isnt something ideal for you, i would prbably grow it out. but just blowdrying the longer peices with a round brush can achieve the straight look without taking much time at all.

I don't agree - I have a shaggy bob, and my hair is super wavy/curly and thick.

I love it straightened, but I hate taking that much time in the morning to do my hair (I like my sleep, lol) so I throw a quarter size blob of Tressemé Styling Jelly in, scrunch it up and let it air dry. It dries less crispy than most gels/mousses but keeps the frizz under control.

NicksWifey

I have curly hair and although I do not wear my hair in a bob anymore, I'll tell you my favorite products and how I do my curls.
I leave my hair in a towel for a while (it depends on your length and how thick/thin your hair is) until it's damp, just barely wet. I take the towel down, but start scrunching my hair with the towel. After that I apply Tresemme gel for curls in my hair and just scrunch in it there. I also twist some pieces of hair too for a different effect. I do it to the sides and back of my hair and don't forget the hair near your roots & your ends too. I use a lot of mousse after this and do the same thing, scrunch/twist/curl my hair with the mousse. It doesn't matter what mousse, as long as it's for curls. I've tried other mousses when I ran out of mousse for curly hair and it didn't work as good. Then I'll finish with hairspray and let it airdry. Some people even like to use the diffuser attachment on their blowdryers after putting the styling products in for more curls and added ooomph. I usually don't have a problem with too many frizzies.