Help w picking new hair color!

kimmae17

Hi All! this is my first post! so exciting!
I have been thinking about changing my hair color for some time.
here are pics of me recently in the first i am second from the left

l_dd4dede842bf7dcfd19aa1fbef827d5c.jpg

here i am all the way on the left.

l_49a6160156a4afe08287b38545607699.jpg

i was considering strawberry blonde, but everywhere i read it says that with pink skin tone i shoudl not do warm colors? this baffles me since i had strawberry blondis hair as a little kid

l_af0bf48e80f8301e9c8769c4ae784c29.jpg

does anyone have any suggestions?? i am getting it done friday and i am getting very nervous!!!!

urbanlilyfairy

Oh go crazy and be a red head ..like julianne moore or kate winslet red ..... but your hair looks beautiful and very buttery healthy as it is now.

BeautyPsycho

I don't think red would be that good for her, because she has a lot of pink undertones to her skin..
I'm probably wrong, but eh..

urbanlilyfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
I don't think red would be that good for her, because she has a lot of pink undertones to her skin..

SHe had natural strawberry blonde hair ..and it seems to have suited her then .

But it all depends on what u are looking for ..either way going brown or red will be dramatic since ur going from blonde.

But just have you and your stylist pick the right shade for you and that your are comfterable with.

My best friend has similiar skin tone to you ..and she is naturally sord of strawberry blonde ...and she dyes her hair deep auburn red ..and it looks great on her ...but its a bit of maintance and it fades imo a bit faster than other colors ... but it definetly looks great ..and gives her so much more confindence when she is red.

but i dunno ..what color are u thinking of going ?

but i love red ..my hair is super dark dark brown almost black ..and I have tried red ..just looks awlful and more cherry like on me...

I wish lindsay lohan would go back to her pretty red hair lol ...so yeah as u can see I like red ..but thats just my opinion lol.

kimmae17

Quote:
I would go for it and do dark/chocolate brown.
smiles.gif

btw your hair looks very nice and healthy.

thanks! i would love to try a dark brown, i just wish i could try it temporarily first! it makes me so nervous to do such a drastic change!

kimmae17

Quote:

thats what i see when i look up "color advice"type stuff.

but dont most natural red heads have pink skin? like irish people?? the whole cool/warm skin and hair thing baffles me, becuase some of the recomendations go against what exists naturally

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlilyfairy
Oh go crazy and be a red head ..like julianne moore or kate winslet red ..... but your hair looks beautiful and very buttery healthy as it is now.

haha thanks! i think i will try a strawberry blonde first and if i like it maybe go red the next time! i am so nervous about changing hair color! i have had some BAD experiences~!

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlilyfairy
SHe had natural strawberry blonde hair ..and it seems to have suited her then .

But it all depends on what u are looking for ..either way going brown or red will be dramatic since ur going from blonde.

But just have you and your stylist pick the right shade for you and that your are comfterable with.

My best friend has similiar skin tone to you ..and she is naturally sord of strawberry blonde ...and she dyes her hair deep auburn red ..and it looks great on her ...but its a bit of maintance and it fades imo a bit faster than other colors ... but it definetly looks great ..and gives her so much more confindence when she is red.

but i dunno ..what color are u thinking of going ?

but i love red ..my hair is super dark dark brown almost black ..and I have tried red ..just looks awlful and more cherry like on me...

I wish lindsay lohan would go back to her pretty red hair lol ...so yeah as u can see I like red ..but thats just my opinion lol.

I was thinking i might try a darker (then what i am now obviously) strawberry blonde with some lighter high lights. then if i like it maybe next time going darker/redder.
the whole skin tone/hair color thing confuses me, becuase everywhere i read it says that pink skinned people shouldnt have reddish hair. but arent irish pink skinned with red hair? i dont get it?

BeautyPsycho

Well, not every natural hair color looks great.
smiles.gif
I mean, not every Irish (pink skinned with red hair) looks good that way.
I hope you like whatever you decide to do, and ask your stylist as well. He/she should be an expert!
smiles.gif

prettybaby

IMProfO, I think she should def try some deeper red shades. If she has warm toned skin, then it will look marvelous on her. stay away from ash colors (grn base). Your stylist should be able to help you out....

kimmae17

Quote:
Well, not every natural hair color looks great.
smiles.gif
I mean, not every Irish (pink skinned with red hair) looks good that way.
I hope you like whatever you decide to do, and ask your stylist as well. He/she should be an expert!
smiles.gif

haha i know not every person looks good with red hair! i think we have all heard some ginger joke at some point. i just meant that if you look up hair color advice (which i have been doing lately) it always says that if you have pink in your skin you SHOULD NOT have any shade of red hair. which doesnt seem tomake sense to me. I am going to go strawberry blondish. if i dont like it, its only hair right?

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby
IMProfO, I think she should def try some deeper red shades. If she has warm toned skin, then it will look marvelous on her. stay away from ash colors (grn base). Your stylist should be able to help you out....

would you consider me warmed toned? i guess maybe i dont even know what i am! which obviously is the problem!

Dreamergirl3

I love you as a blonde, but could totally see you strawberry blonde! Maybe try strawberry blonde-brown lowlights first if you're afraid of doing it all over

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
I love you as a blonde, but could totally see you strawberry blonde! Maybe try strawberry blonde-brown lowlights first if you're afraid of doing it all over

hey thanks! i think thats exactly what i amgoing to end up doing. darkerstrawberry blondish lowlights all over with some lighter highlights here and there! keep your fingers crossed for me that it looks good!

MorningGlory

I was born strawberry-blonde (a bit lighter than your picture) and recently went dark red. My stylist recommended the particular shade because of my cool undertones. I had picked one shade but he said it would look weird with my skin coloring. So definitely discuss it with your stylist.
Now I get so many compliments and most people think it is natural, so it can't look that weird.

I don't regret going dark, I love it
smiles.gif