HELP! What is Pretty Baby (Hello Kitty BP) for??

RoseMe

Oh I love all of the Hello Kitty line goodies I bought yesterday, except for this Beauty Powder Pretty Baby MA convinced me to take. It looks beautiful in the pan, but no matter how MUCH of it I applied on my face, it made not a single difference except maybe matting the shine a bit?

What is the point of the pink color then??? I am NC25-NC30, Can someone please help me out so I have good reasons to keep it?
choochoo.gif

THANK YOU!!!

Sanayhs

You can use it to highlight parts of your face, subtly brighten your complexion or apply it on top of blush to soften and diffuse the colour. The idea is that it helps to add a more finished, "air brushed" look over all.
smiles.gif

RoseMe

Thanks!
Does regular shimmery translucent face powder do the same thing?
What is the best brush to apply BP with?
On my bare face, pretty baby BP shows no difference in color or texture, is it a wrong color for my skin tone?

Simply Elegant

I can use beauty powders as blush. Maybe try applying with a kabuki? They give a really nice "lit from within" look withour obvious glitter that I love.

X4biddenxLustX

Don't really expect too much from BP if your like beyond NC or NW20-ish because they don't show up really that well on any skintones that are darker than that. The only reason I'd get them (I'm NC 35) is for the cute compacts they come in lol.

But they can be used for a lot of things. Like blush if you can get it to show up enough on your skin, to help lighten up or change the tone of the blush, to use to help give a transition I guess you can say to your highlight, blush and contour. You can too use it all over the face to give a bit of a glow if it has any shimmer in it.

And yes as Simply Elegant had mentioned a kabuki brush would probably be best if you wanted to help build up color. For all over I'd probably just use an all over powder brush.

Meryl

I'm NW20 and I love Pretty Baby for a blush!! Not too dark and just enough pink.

RoseMe

Sadly, I have tried two days now with both powder and Kabuki brushes, but still no show of any color! The texture is nice but it is easily replicated by lose powder. I just may need to return it and get tippy instead....

pianohno

I've not tried anything from the HK collection (living in the UK is stupid) but I'm NC15 - do you think I'd be able to use Pretty Baby as a blush? I hope so as I'm dying for the compact
cry.gif

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianohno
I've not tried anything from the HK collection (living in the UK is stupid) but I'm NC15 - do you think I'd be able to use Pretty Baby as a blush? I hope so as I'm dying for the compact
cry.gif

It could definitely be a blush for you!

I'm NW20 and it really shows up on me, in a soft pink way. I really like it.

pianohno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
It could definitely be a blush for you!

I'm NW20 and it really shows up on me, in a soft pink way. I really like it.

Definitely on my 'to get' list now
th_wink3.gif
Thanks !