help what should I do?

ladynpink

I had bought an eyeshadow at a Mac counter the other day. It was to replace the color that I had before and lost. It was called SADDLE. For the last 2 days, I am very dissappointed and mad. I can't get the right consisenty and texture like the one I had before. The color from the new eyeshadow looks so much lighter then the one I had before, and I know for a fact that I got Saddle before. I am wondering, if any one knows, how long does MAC stores carry the makeup...is it forever until someone buys it, or they throw it out when the supposed lifespan of it comes up. Because I have a feeling the eyeshadow I have is either the wrong one or OLD!! I don't know help me out!!

panda0410

It might have been reformulated since you last bought it. Often colours are reformulated for various reasons so maybe see if thats the case.

erine1881

makeup stays on the shelf until it is either sold or discontinued. as long as the product isn't opened, it won't go bad. even it if is there for a year or longer. besides, regular powders (shadow, blush) don't go bad unless you contaminate it with water, other liquids, etc. that is why there is no "use by" date on them like there is for mascara and other emollient products.

calbear

and to add - Saddle is a eyeshadow that will move in most locations. It would not be one to sit for longer than a few months.

Twinkle_Twinkle

If you still have the box you can check the batch date. It'll start with a letter and end in a number, the last number is the year it was made in. I highly doubt the shadow is old, and like others sad, shadows don't really "go bad". Some people here have shadows that are 5, 6, 7, 8+ years old and are fine.

clamster

I don't think powder e/s's will ever go bad if it is untouched. My geuss is they reformulated it. I love saddle! It's a perfect nuetral for the crease.