Help with Alima foundation colors...

jenii

I'm exactly an NW20, and a Nude in Laura Mercier TM. What color would be best from Alima? I wrote to them, but they didn't respond.

I'm *thinking* it would be Satin (N-2) or Pongee (N-3). I don't want anything too warm or cool, because either extreme looks weird on me, so I think I'm just neutral. I just don't know which shade is good for NW20. I'd read on MUA that an NW20 got C-3 and that worked, so I'd guess N-3 would be my best bet here?

I don't know, any help from someone with Alima experience would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is it worth it to get a finishing powder from them, or is it not absolutely necessary? How good are the brushes they sell?

Winthrop44

I'm NC15 and Alima N1. I haven't tried the Alima C's (just the W's, and I can wear W1), but I've read they are pretty cool. I would guess you will settle on N2 *if* you choose to use one shade, but that's just a guess and many people mix shades (Alima will mix full jars for you once you know what you are). Since the shipping will be the same whether you order 1 sample or a few, and the samples are only $1 each, I would order samples of at least N2 and N3 to start with. I don't find the finishing powder to be necessary, but again you can easily try a sample for next to nothing. Their #25 foundation brush is fantastic. They're also going to be coming out with new brushes in a month or so. There's alot of Alima info in the Alima thread in the Mineral Makeup forum here:

http://www.specktra.net/forumdisplay.php?f=265

Miss_M

If it helps any...

I'm NW20 and C3 is a good match. I ordered different samples from Alima in C1, C2, N1 and N2. C1 and C2 were way too light and made me look ghostly, N1 was also too light and a little too yellow and N2 looked like a good match in the jar, but showed up a little too yellow on my skin.

So if I were you I would atleast order a sample of C3 and maybe N2, so you can testdrive which shade you prefer
smiles.gif