Help with AUS when working at MAC

Jennifer56304

Hello everyone out there.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any pointers on how to raise my AUS. This is something I struggle with. I want to get better at sales but it's hard to sell a lot of product I find.

If any one has advice out there I would love to hear it

Thanks so much,

Jenn

geeko

Probably link sell more items in a single transaction so u can raise ur AUS? When your IPT increases, ur AUS would naturally increase as well. In order to link sell, u would probably have to investigate the customers needs and from there u take it on. Sometimes even if the customers does not ask for it, u can offer to touch up their powder or blusher or even e/s, some customers may like the additional items u try on them and end up buying the items and this can raise your Aus. Most important, do focus demos and sit customers down to show and teach .

But sometimes, even though u try , customers may not buy many, but don't get discouraged, just do your best. U can do it :p Cheers

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Moved to Working for Cosmetics Retailers.
peace2.gif

tattletale

if you do the steps of close as you go you should have no problem ask you manger for the close as you go check list. use that to grade yourself and see where you land and then monitor your aux that day and you can see where your areas of opportunity are.

tiera720

One thing that has helped me tremendously is product knowledge. I work in a lower volume store where people are mostly there to buy just a lipstick or gloss. I always try to just sit them in my chair and do some investigating and then recommending products. It has really helped a lot.

Beautycouture

definitely try to sell complementing products. Ex:
Oh so you're looking for mac's heroine lipstick? This fuchsia lip liner will help the lipstick stay on all day and prevent your lipstick from feathering.
So you're looking for studio fix fluid? Well I would definitely recommend prep and prime skin to help the foundation go on smoothly and have longer lasting powder. I would also recommend a setting powder to keep shine at bay.

You can also transition from lipstick to blush. Have you tried brave lipstick with dainty? That blush would complement that lipstick color. Don't ask the customer a yes or no question, kind of try to tell them why they should have the item, but without being pushy of course.