Help with careblend shade - have I chosen right? Light plus or medium for NW15

ShesAFoxyLady

Hi all,

I've just been to MAC to buy a careblend pressed powder but now I'm more stressed than ever. I am currently wearing NW15 studio fix (usually with MSFN in light medium) and I thought I would be a light plus in the careblends, the mac MA who didn't try it on me initally said medium but then changed her mind to light plus (based solely upon what they look like in the pan!), but then I went to another mac counter were the MA tried a tiny bit on me and she thought I was a medium. The medium looks too dark in the pan, but seemed to look ok when applied.

Neither shade looked drastically different when applied, from what I can see from the small amounts I tried (I don't think I'll know which is best without applying it fully). What would you all recommend - light plus or medium? I don't want to look muddy but I certainly do not want to look any lighter than I already am either!!

The MA was saying that the careblends run very light. Have others found that?

I would appreciate any input. I've got myself all muddled up and don't know which to choose. I hate it when buying makeup gets stressful (or does that only happen to me?)
wacko.gif

User38

I am NC15-20, and I used the light also.. it worked fine. Some reports of oxidation, which would make the case for staying in the lighter range of your own shade. Do try the Light and see what happens.

ShesAFoxyLady

Thank you both
smiles.gif

I actually went back along to mac shortly after this thread and got it sorted
heat.gif

I had 4 different MA's match me, at 2 different counters and they all said medium so I exchanged my unopened light-plus for medium.

Oddly, when I swatched the light-plus and the medium on my jaw line, the light-plus looked darker than the medium (in a more-orangy/golden way)!! Even the MA thought the light-plus was the medium when she saw them swatched on me! I think it's because the shades differ in tone/hue, i.e. the light-plus is described as a pale golden beige whereas the medium is a creamy beige, and that might be why it blended better with my skin despite me being pale (NW15).

Very pleased I didn't open the light-plus, I should have listened to the MA in the first place (afterall, they'll know much better than me) but I automatically assumed that a medium would be way too dark, and as I'm a light-medium in the MSFN I thought this would translate to a light-plus in the careblends but this is obviously not always the case. The MAs did say they apply lighter than they look in the pan and I've applied the medium today and it does look undetectable on me.

Pleased to have it sorted - there is nothing more stressful in makeup than trying to get the exact right shade!!