HELP with eye and brow shape, please :) w/ pics

VertDeGris

Hi everyone!

I'd LOVE recommendations about how to make up my eyes, as well as how to shape my brows.
Because my point of view on myself is not objective, I really need your advice
smiles.gif

Full face:
spek.jpg

I filled them (with browpencil as I find them more precise).
What do you think thicker in the inner? Longer or shorter for my square face?
I really want a shape to "lift" my features..

spek2.jpg

I have the same kind of eyebrows as Jessica alba, very straight. I try to "arch" them, but don't really succeed. So maybe I should take her as example and let them grow back and bleach them; I really don't know
th_confused_new.gif

Eyeshape:

spek3.jpg

spec3.jpg

(brows not filled)

Is my crease MU alright? Or should I put more in the middle?

Also, last question, ladies. How to make me look a bit older? (makeup-wise) I'm not 18 (like everyone thinks) but nearly 25
ssad.gif

ANY recommendation welcome!
Thank you for your time
wavey.gif

amandamakeup

I really dont see anything wrong with your makeup application, Its just the right amount, not too much, not too little.
The eyebrows are great, you can just see there is a little difference between them, The right one is arched a little more than the left. I would maybe tweeze a little more ,
ok dont laugh at me,, i was bored so I painted on your eyebrows...this is what I did,, I drew u a line on how you can tweeze the bottom of your eyebrows to kinda create more of an arch. Since your face is square, you dont need to change how long your eyebrows are, but if you wanted, in general eyebrows are supposed to end at the end of your eyes.
Anyways,, have fun with this.... I really did!

Wattage

Believe it or not, your brows are actually quite lovely! A lot of girls go overboard and over-pluck their brows. This usually results in wire thin brows or the classic "Tadpol/Sperm Brows". I think you have done an amazing job on your own!

As Amanda pointed out, there is a slight discrepancy in the shape between your two brows - but nothing to get worked up about. This can easily be evened out over time. One thing I would suggest is a slight trim of the brow hairs to tidy them up and keep hairs inside the shape of the brow.
Another tip I would like to share is plucking from the top. I don't know why, but we are taught religiously not to pluck from the top. I am telling you this is absolute baloney. Before I became brow obssessed, I was going to the esthetician every three weeks to have mine waxed and shaped. I remember the first time she waxed on the top and I kinda got worried! So I asked her about it and she informed me that not cleaning up the top of the brow is how a lot of women end up with that "surprised" look where the brows arch too high for the face. Think of it this way: If you pluck from the bottom, you are raising where the brow sits on your face. In order to even it out and stay natural, it is important to remove strays from the top of the brow as well. I have seen girls who over time neglected plucking top strays and ended up with brows in the middle of their forehead, looking very surprised! Some women can get away with only plucking from the top but I am definitely not one of them.

Tools you should have to do your brows:
- good trimming scissors, small sized and sharp
- brow comb (I love the 204 from MAC for this)
- good slanted tweezers with a sharp tip to get any new strays

One way to avoid overplucking is to fill your brows first and then pluck. This way you can easily see strays but ensure you aren't going too crazy.

I also recommend going to have them done professionally a few times until you get familiar with the right brow shape for you. An esthetician can help you find the ideal shape and even them out. After a few months, you will probably be able to maintain them yourself buy trimming once or twice a week and plucking daily to clean up any strays.

Make sure when you change your hair colour, you also change the colour you use to fill your brows. This will give you the most natural look.

Hope all this helps! I know brows can be tough. In my opinion, the time and money are worth it as brows provide a frame for your face.

winks.gif

user79

There's a really good brow tutorial here for groomed and natural looking brows. I think it is a great tutorial. You should just pluck on the inner ends to get a more finished and straight line, and just a tiny bit under the arches. Don't overpluck, I think it would look bad on you. Your brows remind me of Jennifer Connely's!

Here's a tutorial

http://www.specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42015

VertDeGris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
There's a really good brow tutorial here for groomed and natural looking brows. I think it is a great tutorial. You should just pluck on the inner ends to get a more finished and straight line, and just a tiny bit under the arches. Don't overpluck, I think it would look bad on you. Your brows remind me of Jennifer Connely's!

Here's a tutorial

http://www.specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42015

Thank you for the link, but I had already seen it. The problem is I can't trim my brows cause after that they become so spare, it's horrible! :p

I didn't know the actress Jennifer Connely; but I see she did the Dark Water remake. I should check it out (even if I tend to prefer original Asian versions over Americans'
smiles.gif

VertDeGris

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamakeup
I really dont see anything wrong with your makeup application, Its just the right amount, not too much, not too little.
The eyebrows are great, you can just see there is a little difference between them, The right one is arched a little more than the left. I would maybe tweeze a little more ,
ok dont laugh at me,, i was bored so I painted on your eyebrows...this is what I did,, I drew u a line on how you can tweeze the bottom of your eyebrows to kinda create more of an arch. Since your face is square, you dont need to change how long your eyebrows are, but if you wanted, in general eyebrows are supposed to end at the end of your eyes.
Anyways,, have fun with this.... I really did!

Thx for the makeup
smiles.gif

I know my 2 brows are slightly different naturally .(I think it's the same for everyone?) But I'll battle hard for that, eheh
Long eyebrows tend to flatten your face, and make it bigger//fuller?
Thx for the little drawing
smiles.gif
So your advice is too pluck over the inner corner; that makes sense. Thank so much for your time, I really appreciate it !

amandamakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by VertDeGris
Thx for the makeup
smiles.gif

I know my 2 brows are slightly different naturally .(I think it's the same for everyone?) But I'll battle hard for that, eheh
Long eyebrows tend to flatten your face, and make it bigger//fuller?
Thx for the little drawing
smiles.gif
So your advice is too pluck over the inner corner; that makes sense. Thank so much for your time, I really appreciate it !

No problem, The only reason I told you to pluck was cause I was having the same problem. I could never get them even. I started plucking them more to create a higher arch on myself, and I just fill in the rest of my brows with cover girls brow and eye maker.
You dont really need a big change on your brows, maybe just a little clean up, like maybe make them more square at the beginning.
just what im thinking! But good luck in whatever you decide to do!
Amanda