help with eyebrow color

iheartcolor

hi all! i have a problem that i can't seem to find a good solution for: my hair is very dark brown and i can't seem to find an eyebrow powder/pencil that doesn't have too much red base to it. it seems to me that in many photos they come off with a pretty strong red tint that my hair definitely does not have. now maybe it's just me being overly critical, but i just feel that the colors are off. any help is appreciated! :)

MissxMetal

What are you using at the minute? I think MAC's 'Wedge' eyeshadow would be a great match for you, your skin looks lovely too! :D

iheartcolor

oh thank you - that is very sweet :) right now i am using "brunette" from anastacia (or however you spell it!)

MissxMetal

Ah I see! I can see in the bottom picture that it's slightly too red for your skin tone, I'd definitely give Wedge a try, it's a nice flat slate-y brown, lasts forever when you just use it for eyebrows too! Although I must mention it's incredibly flattering when you blend it out in the crease as well as using it for your brows, can you tell it's my Desert Island shadow? haha

iheartcolor

aahhh.....thank you for the pic! lovely brows and eyes, btw :) i was also considering an Illamasqua - Eye Brow Cake in maybe Vehement, or Thunder...

macupsjf

I run into the same problem with my eyebrows pretty often but i recently was at a meeting with MUAs from all over my region and a guy i met told me to try our MAC fluidline in dipdown which is a chocolate brown shade with a flat brush for definition. It provided me with fully saturated color on my brows and allowed me control of how sharp (or not so sharp) i wanted my eyebrows... definitely a different approach from using powders, but after playing around i really started to like it and now it's part of my daily routine. If you still have yet to find something you really like, you should give it a shot. good luck :x

BadLeslie

Illamasqua's brow cakes are some of the best brow powders out there. Gaze and Thunder would probably work really well (I have Gaze and I love it). Bare Escentuals brow powders are also really nice and have better staying power than even the Illamasqua ones. Brunette and Dark Blonde/Med are really nice colors without any red tones.

iheartcolor

quick update: i have found my answer (for now, haha!) i got a sample of b.e. brow color in 'brunette'. looks pretty grey on the swatch, but i took a photo with my brows filled in and it's PERFECT! thank you all for your help :)

iheartcolor

hello!!! i know this is kind of an old thread, but i wanted to share what product i found that i LOVE
cheerleader.gif
it is bare minerals brow powder in brunette. it is perfect! thank you all for your help *hugs*

Latest posts