Help with Fake Ombre Blushes and Other LE Items

princessjest

I occasionally buy the odd MAC item off ebay and I always use my head, I know the tell tale signs with lipsticks and eyeshadows and TBH I never buy anything from the perm line, I tend to pick up the more obscure stuff - like the metal x shadows.

Has anyone ever seen a faked Ombre Blush? Also I know that MSFs are hard enough for MAC to make, do you get counterfeits of those?

Finally with the smaller LE collections in LE packaging - Mac Loves Liberty, Neo Sci Fi, Fafi, Hey Sailor, Manish Aura - are they popular enough to warrant fakes being made? Becuase that's what I think in ym head, or is that wishful thinking?

rockin

There are definitely Mineralize fakes out there. Also it is probably more profitable for counterfeiters to make fakes of limited edition products as they can sell them for much more money. Some collections are obviously more popular than others, though. There are definitely fake MAC Liberty products (especially lipstick colours that were never in that collection, but they are selling them as such) and I would think there are FAFI fakes too, and there are definitely fake Marilyn Monroe, Hello Kitty, Wonder Woman and the like. Don't assume any collection is safe from being faked.

I just spotted a 'MAC Wonder Woman' product that was never even part of the collection and so is clearly fake http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mac-Wonder-Woman-Foundation-02/121193022773

I've seen lots of fake products with mac on them, first time I saw them I almost purchased, but the price was wayyy to low, so I did a double look and realized they were fake. Most times the vendors has them on the street. So sad, we have no idea what ingredients they add.