help with lipstick..

Designergirl9

I got a lipstick in the mail and it's "sweating" should I put in the fridge? or should I just keep it some place cool ? I don't want it to melt! or break.

Vicky88

I would just leave it in a cool place, nowhere in direct sunlight etc.

I'm not sure about putting it in the fridge, though...

Lady_MAC

I remember reading somewhere that all lipstick is best if stored in the fridge. It's shelf life will be much longer if you do so. So yeah, I guess you could do that.

lara

Just keep it somewhere cool. It's the humidity that's making the lipstick sweat, but if you leave it be in a cool dry place, it will reabsorb the moisture.

I'd recommend against storing lipsticks in the fridge unless you're really good about remembering to take them out at least an hour before using them. Chilling them down can make then prone to snapping at the base if you use it straight from the fridge.
smiles.gif

Try keeping your moisturisers, scrub masks, eye creams etc in the fridge though. Very refreshing for the face and will help to extend the life of the creams a bit.
smiles.gif

Designergirl9

what's crazy about that is we live in the desert we have zero percent humidity...I thought it was weird it was sweating...but it was something like 107 here today. THanks for the advice!
smiles.gif

lara

Then it's probably just the intense heat making the lipstick soft and sweaty. Either way, the lippie will reabsorb the moisture if you take care of it.

I've left lipsticks in the carrier of my bike before on a stinking hot Australian summer day. I discovered them just before they totally lost their shape and melted into mush, but they came back to life after a couple of days careful storage. Now I throw a couple of those sports freezer gel packs into a small cooler and store all the meltables in that when I'm working in the sun or have long commutes to a job
smiles.gif

Designergirl9

I did what you said and it already looks alot b etter today. I did end up putting it in the fridge for a little while but I didn't put it on or use it after I took it out so I think it's going to be okay. Thanks for helping save my lipstick haha.