Help with MAC Naked Pigment!

jazm1n3s

I bought a MAC Naked pigment from a blog sale, and I just got it today. However, when I first saw it, the color in the jar looks so much different than the one I had before. I bought a Naked pigment from CCO few months ago, got rid of it, but then regretted it. So that's why I know they look different. This jar looks more "milky" or cloudy, not like clean clear jar, know what I mean?

The pigment itself also looks and swatched lighter than my naked sample (I kept a sample before getting rid of it). I compared the jar with other pigment jars I have and the alignment of "MAC" on the front is much higher, and the lettering on the back is bolder.

I asked her where she got it, and she said that she might got it from CCO or MAC store, but since it's been a while that she had it, she's not 100% sure. Can anybody please help me?

The 4th picture shows a comparison with my sample, and it might be hard to see, but my sample looks a bit darker. I know sometimes when you remove pigment to a sample jar, the color will look darker, but it also swatched darker too.

So, what do you guys think? fake or not? TIA!

armyguyswife

I have a jar of Naked with this same EXACT label....I can't remember where I got it but I know it was a MAC or CCO..I don't buy from e-bay ever..... and I have at least 10 other pigments where the batch code is above the name

jazm1n3s

Thank you for replying :)

Does your jar also looks 'blurry' or 'milky'? None of my pigment jars are like this. They're all clear plastic jar.

User38

Naked pigment is not a really commercial shade and to my knowledge has not been copied -- it just isn't viable to do so. So it looks like you have an original... I have about 6 of these.. lol

jazm1n3s

Oh wow, 6 of these? Do all the jars and colors look the same? I think my main concern is the 'blurry' jars because when i googled it, i didnt see any that looked like this. The images i found were all regular clear jar. Plus it swatched lighter too.

armyguyswife

I have nearly 150 pigments..all bought at MAC or CCO and I have doubles of some that swatch differently ... not sure why... and I do have jars that are a bit "blurry" ..doesn't MAC have more than 1 manufacturing plant? Perhaps that has something to do with it?? very good ??'s..lol

It looks pretty authentic to me. Perhaps that batch of Naked pigment was a bit of a blem? and that's why it looks a bit off?? It could also be a more older, staler pigment and the colour has oxidized with age. Just my thoughts.

littlepickle

This one looks fine, but Naked is definitely a faked colour - I've received one in the past, can probably drag up pics somewhere...

Rita Baumann

This looks like my Naked pigment, which I bought a bunch of when the CCO's were clearing out the old jars. The "milky" look is because Naked is very finely milled and clings to the edges.

jazm1n3s

Thanks all! I'm pretty convinced now that it's authentic, even though i've never seen a jar like this. I'm pretty sure it's blurry not because of the pigment inside, but it really is the jar. Just a bit disappointed because with this one, i had to pack it more compared to the sample i have. I even wore both at the same time on each eye and you can see the difference in texture and color.

armyguyswife

I have doubles of quite a few of my pigments and like I saidI know they are all authentic...and honestly none is EXACTLY EXACTLY the same .... 99% exact but usually the slightest dfference ...I think this is because their made in different places,times,different machines ect. If you're un happy with the product you can take it to MAC...they wll exchange it(well, at east mine would... in KS city) ...just a thought :)

TheCollector

It is definitely authentic. (I haven't been on here in forever, but I know some tell tale signs for authentic vs. fake; this one's real). :)