Help with Mod/rocker make-up

computergirl200

This is twinned with my post in the fashion forum. I'm a newbie so sorry if this is the wrong forum/thing to ask.

I have been invited to a fancy dress mods and rockers party. I think it is the sort of 80's rocker and scooter riding mods. I have no idea what the girls look like!! I have long hair so no 'twiggy'bob for me!

I can low funds to buy stuff, so I am hoping to use my own clothes, as much as possible (if I actually find out what the styles are)

I have no idea abou the makeupand hair side of things though. Can I do a beehive?

Any help with hair and makeup- photos, links, main elements woudl be greatly appreciated.

I am guessing eye liner will feature heavily!

Thanks

ShortnSassy

i was a mod 60s girl a couple years ago with my friends, i wore this dress that i had bought at nordstrom that was yellow with geometric print on it in bright colors, tall white boots and big white earrings. think of the girls' outfits in austin powers: the spy who shagged me. silly reference, but felicity shagwell and robin swallows are dressed in exactly the right style.

as for makeup and hair, go for big hair that flips out, pastel pink lips, thick black winged liner with lots of white liner on the inner rims, and big lashes on top and bottom (i doubled mine up on top because that's how twiggy wore hers).

i would google "mod makeup" or "twiggy makeup" on youtube, there are tons of videos!

as for the rocker theme, you could do something really easy like wear some torn-up black jeans, a black top that you cut into a different style, black boots, dark eye makeup, big hair, etc.

kathyp

Mods and Rockers

Mod is pretty easy: bright colors, pale lips, lots and lots of lashes. (Trying drawing on bottom lashes with a black eye pencil.) Hair? Yeah, Twiggy with a pixie cut or bob comes to mind. For a long-haired version, I'm thinking Penelope Tree?

Rockers? I dunno. John Waters's movie Cry Baby? I think of guys in tight black jeans, creepers and slicked back hair. Keeping it 60s-themed, I'd go with big hair, pale lips, and winged eyeliner.