Help with my Jewel 6 Lips Palette Case

mezzamy

i adore this case so much (my initials are also MAC, so the diamante incrusted case looks even more amazing!) and i have used up all the lip products in side. i was wondering if it was possible to remove the black tray which held the lipsticks/glosses so I could re-use the case for other stuff?

How would i go about this, because i really dont want to wreck it!
Thanks!
wavey.gif

Star

If you were going to try to pry out the plastic tray, I say *IF* because I haven't tried it myself, however looking at my palette, I see two small, round plastic pins poking through the metal case in the front. So if you were to try and pry out the plastic insert with an exacto knife or some other very thin blade, it would look like it would have to be done going in from the back of the case, and it might lift off and then the pins in the front would release.

Since I have not tried, I cannot be certain that this would work, ie: there may be glue involved, etc.

amandamakeup

I havent ever removed my pallette either, im sure theres a way, I'll have to look at it again, but what I do when all the lipsticks are done, I scrape out all my old lipsticks (you know where there's more at the bottom of the tube) I put them in there and use it as my lipstick pallette when Im working on clients!

swaly

I have one too and I've been wondering the same thing for a while now...hmm, I wonder if anyone can help.

Sushi_Flower

Don't know about removing the pallette but another option is melting lipsticks/gloss/balms into the pallette so you can keep using it as a lip pallette.

fletch50

I'm going to have the same problem soon. I absolutely adore the cases from the Adorne line.
I have never attempted to make my own l/s palette before. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to melt lipsticks into the case? Should I try a hairdryer on the bottom? Thanks.

bluegrassbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch50
I'm going to have the same problem soon. I absolutely adore the cases from the Adorne line.
I have never attempted to make my own l/s palette before. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to melt lipsticks into the case? Should I try a hairdryer on the bottom? Thanks.

I've used a few different methods to do this. My favorite one is this
-remove the inner lipstick tray from the palette
-use a small spatula to remove lipstick from the tube
-fill the tray with lipstick, smoosh the lipstick in as smooth and flat as possible, be careful not to overfill
-place the tray in the microwave, on the defrost or melt butter setting. Microwave the lipstick at ten second intervals. DO NOT LEAVE THEM UNATTENDED! Watch carefully to make sure that they don't bubble over. It has never been an issue for me, with the exception of one tray that I put too much lipstick in. Different textures will melt at different speeds. The most important thing is to only do small amounts of time and do it on a low setting.
-remove the tray from the microwave, and place in the freezer for about 2 minutes. They will set solid and be smooth and pretty

I have paletted about 20 lipsticks this way and never had any problems.
I've also used a spoon and candle to melt and pour into the tray, but lost some product doing it that way. The lippies would stick to the spoon and have to me scraped off.
EDIT: I should add that I buy empty palettes for this purpose and haven't tried to deconstruct a premade one before. I like the MAC lipmix palette for this, but have heard good reviews on the Japonesque palettes as well.

Latest posts