Help with Purple and Vampy Lipstick Shades

laylalovesmac

I have two sets of B2M empties that I will be taking in, and I need to pick two from the following list! I'm NW15, but I'm wondering more about the formula. Which of these two are easiest to work with? Which do you reach for the most? TIA!

Cyber
Rebel
Hang Up
Media
Film Noir

MAC_Fafinette14

As a Satin finish, Rebel is opaque and goes on as more of a berry than purple shade, which is pretty versatile. Hang Up could do a similar job in terms of colour, but it's darker, semi-opaque, and offers buildable coverage (colour/opacity) as a Cremesheen. HTH.

erine1881

rebel for a megenta shade (with magenta liner), and hangup for a deep berry/purple shade (with vino, current or nightmoth liner).

pumpkincat210

I have Cyber, it's a dark purple. Very gothic. It is hard to wear in the summer but in the fall it is nice. Keep your eye makeup a light neutral.

kirari

Cyber is one of my absolute favorite lipsticks. I wear it alot, but then again I often wear very dramatic makeup. It's definitely a dark "notice me" shade and gets a lot of attention.

For the record, I have an extremely pale complexion (around a NW10, I believe).

laylalovesmac

Got my B2M box today! I ended up with Cyber and Hang-Up and I freaking love both of them!!!!
drools.gif
Just have to experiment with lip liners now!

Thanks for all the help, everyone!
heart.gif
specktra_rocks.gif

kirari

My favorite liner for Cyber (that matches it) so far has been a dark reddish brown eyebrow pencil that I picked up at Sally Beauty supply. It's from the brand that they normally keep near the till. It's the exact same color.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Got my B2M box today! I ended up with Cyber and Hang-Up and I freaking love both of them!!!!
drools.gif
Just have to experiment with lip liners now!

Thanks for all the help, everyone!
heart.gif
specktra_rocks.gif

I can't believe I missed this thread earlier...
th_dunno.gif

As far as liners go, I love Nightmoth for almost all vampy lip applications. This is my go-to lip liner for dark colours. If you prefer a creamier textured liner, Velvetella is also a good option. Or you can be really dramatic and use a black eyeliner (works with Cyber). Happy vamping!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I can't believe I missed this thread earlier...
th_dunno.gif

As far as liners go, I love Nightmoth for almost all vampy lip applications. This is my go-to lip liner for dark colours. If you prefer a creamier textured liner, Velvetella is also a good option. Or you can be really dramatic and use a black eyeliner (works with Cyber). Happy vamping!

I'll try both of those when I go to my counter!

Of course.
winkiss.gif

PeachTwist

I don't have any of those but I think Cunning lipstick with Vino lipliner from the FF collection is fantastic.
smiles.gif

Latest posts