help with reflects blackened red pigment

jjjenko

I recently purchased reflects blacked red pigment because I thought it would make a beautiful burgrundy glittery color, but I am having a lot of trouble working with it. I want to get it on my lid like it shows in the jar. When I use mixing medium... it is vibrant and I like it... but the mixing medium makes the product turn into a weird consistency (it starts to ball up). I tried using it over UDPP... but it just looks like a wash. I did a look and patted some UD eyeshadow transforming potion on my lid and then put this on top... but that didn't really work either.

Can you guys give me some recommendations on this pigment? I've heard it looks good over artifact paintpot? What do you guys think?

Meisje

I find it impossible to use on any look that requires blending, so I have only ever used it patted over a black look to add another dimension.

Mabelle

there was a tutorial on here about pressing glitters. i did this, and used it over a gps as an eye shadow.

LMD84

this glitter is harder to work with and if you use a liquid mixing medium it does ball up. i use the gel mixing medium to create a paste and then i pat it on my lids over a darker base that i have already made. this is the only way i can use this glitter :)

kaliraksha

Not sure if you have it, but try it over a thin layer of Flammable paint. I find that works really well for picking up the glitter in my Beauty Marked.

LisaOrestea

Have you tried Fyrinnae's 'Pixie Epoxy'? I have the same problem wish Fuschia glitter but it works a dream with Pixie Epoxy!

jjjenko

That's funny you mention fuschia glitter... because I bought it with the blackened red and am trying to figure out how to use that one as well.
Have you tried Fyrinnae's 'Pixie Epoxy'? I have the same problem wish Fuschia glitter but it works a dream with Pixie Epoxy!

jjjenko

Does the gel mixing medium work well with the more chunkier glitter?

this glitter is harder to work with and if you use a liquid mixing medium it does ball up. i use the gel mixing medium to create a paste and then i pat it on my lids over a darker base that i have already made. this is the only way i can use this glitter :)

paparazziboy

try LA SPLASH eye shadow base and sealent i use it for glitter its great for ad hearing it and making the color stay true

Chrystia

A creamy tacky base is really helpful at getting the reflect glitters to stick. I like using the shadesticks or cream colour bases on the lid, then use a 242 brush to pat it on pver the base. The glitters definitely don't sweep over the lid well, so patting will get a stronger impact.

sidenote: Just remember that glitters and some cream colour bases aren't tested as eye safe.

paparazziboy

ulta its super cheap and it works really well i used it all the time for all my MAC glitters it works like a charm

pinkiecharm

hi i had the same problem but now what i do is either used mac mixing medium or i get my brush and dip it into benefit she laq then dip it into the product it would fine for me like that and lasts for ages