Help with Studio Touch-up Stick concealer!!!

caramel_geek

I have redness around my nose and some on the cheeks. The MA suggested Studio Touch Up Stick. She says it'll be easier to blend and good for portability. Plus I don't need a whole lot of coverage anyways. She did mention that Studio Fix Concealer has a better coverage.
So I gave the Touch Up Stick a shot and bought it. She did try it on my face and it look really good.

So the question is: If I want to use this alone (without foundation), do I need to set it with some powder? If yes, which powder? Select Sheer pressed powder or blot powder?
SOS.gif

And is anyone using this as well? Can you recommend a better way of apply it? Currently I'm just dabbing the stick on the area I want to cover and just blending it with my finger. And I find that more product is stick on my finger than my face.
th_confused_new.gif

Help? Anyone?

GlamYOURUs

If I am having a good skin day with just minor pink or red areas, I dab it on and blend it with a concealer brush with fix + and yes set it with a powder. I use my MSF natural but you could use the sheer pressed powder. I wouldn't use the blot powder b/c that is mainly to touch up oily or shiny areas of your face.

MAC_Whore

The first thing I should mention is that the Studio Touch-Up concealer stick has been discontinued. The MAC site no longer carries it and stores are currently selling out their remaining stock. I would suggest the Studio Stick concealer as a similar product to try, but that is currently being phased out as well. You can still find the Studio Touch-Up and the Studio Stick at some stores/sites or through MAC's Gone but Not Forgotten program. Here's some info: http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/m...r-lines-83647/

I would recommend setting your Studio Touch Up stick with a touch of powder, as our faces have so many movements and we tend to touch our faces all day. Powder will help ensure that the concealer doesn't transfer or crease. As far as the type of powder, I would recommend either the Blot powder or the Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing powder (which is due out on 02 April). The reason why I recommend them is because you said you weren't wearing foundation on the rest of your face. The Blot and P+P Powder are basically colourless (Blot only contains 3% pigmentation). By using a colourless powder, you won't make the areas covered up appear obvious by adding another layer of colour in your powder. Go with Blot if you can tend towards oiliness and P+P will work for normal to oily. The P+P is loose, so you will need one of these if you take it with you during the day: M·A·C Cosmetics | 129SH Powder/Blush Brush. The P+P Powder is supposed to be similar to MUFE's HD powder, which is available now, but the MUFE is a bit more expensive.

As far as applying the concealer, I recommend either the #239 eye shadow brush, the #217 eye shadow brush or the new #195 concealer brush depending on the area you have to cover and your personal preference. If you are looking for a good concealer brush to take on the road for little touch ups, try the #318 Retractable Lip Brush.

If you are unable to find a good replacement for the Studio Stick or Studio Touch Up stick, good MAC concealers for spot coverage are Select Cover Up for normal to oily, or Studio Sculpt concealer for moderately dry to slightly oily.

I typed this as I drank my morning coffee. Can you tell? blaa blaa blaa. lol

HTH

Latest posts