Help with sweet sienna!

Whitney6195

I purchased a BNIB sweet sienna from a very nice girl here on specktra. I've worn it three-four times since I bought it, and everytime it leaves my lids stained blue-ish green!! I tried wearing it 'wet' today, I got my brush a little damp with some visine and put it on. After it dried I went along with my routine and started blending the harsh line, and it took off all the pigment on the entire part I had blended! This never happens to me, so it's really odd. It also gives this weird green hue after blending, is this all normal?

Please keep in mind this is also my first pigment that I've actually worn instead of just played with. My batch number on it is A67. Help??

jazm1n3s

Mine also stains my lids and brush blue. Usually when i wash my makeup at night, it will stain my lids, but it should be gone the next morning. The brush however, the stain won't come off. I've tried using cleansing oil, purifying shampoo, but nothing worked! I guess i just have to deal with it since i can't imagine parting with Sweet Sienna
ssad.gif

Whitney6195

well at least I'm not the only one with stained blue lids after wearing it lol
my brushs are mostly all black, so if it stains those I can't tell
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Mine also stains my lids and brush blue. Usually when i wash my makeup at night, it will stain my lids, but it should be gone the next morning. The brush however, the stain won't come off. I've tried using cleansing oil, purifying shampoo, but nothing worked! I guess i just have to deal with it since i can't imagine parting with Sweet Sienna
ssad.gif

panda0410

Are you kidding me? This isnt normal. I've had 3 full jars of it and has never stained me. IF you expose it to alcohol OR alcohol based products it WILL leech a blue/green colour, but never as a residue in skin under normal have I seen this occur.

LC

i've never ever been stained by sweet sienna...that sounds super crazy.

vintageroses

It's quite scary that your lids are stained! :S I've never used anything from MAC that has done that to me!

Whitney6195

They'll stay blue until I wipe really hard with a makeup remover cloth. I'll take a picture so you all can see what I mean!

jazm1n3s

It only happened to me once actually, and i wasn't wearing a base at that time. I thought it wasn't uncommon since some people got stained by MUFE 92 or Teal pigment too sometimes. But yea, i never experienced the staining anymore ever since i wore a base underneath.

Whitney6195

It happens to me wether I use nothing at all underneath it, a shadestick, or the pixie epoxy from fyrinnae. It doesn't happen while its applied dry, just when I apply it wet.
Quote:
It only happened to me once actually, and i wasn't wearing a base at that time. I thought it wasn't uncommon since some people got stained by MUFE 92 or Teal pigment too sometimes. But yea, i never experienced the staining anymore ever since i wore a base underneath.

jazm1n3s

I just did a swatch wet on my hand and left it for several mins, then washed it with just a regular hand soap, and it didn't leave me a stain like yours. I didn't swatch it as thick (i couldn't get mine to swatch as dark as yours without using a base) but i didn't have a problem removing it just now. Maybe your wipe just didn't do a very good job?

Darkness

Sweet Sienna is my HG number one pigment of all time and like panda0410 said, I've never had any problems with it staining my lids either. I use it with a 239 brush and it goes back to white after I've used brush cleaner. If you could upload pictures of the jar some of the ladies on here will be able to tell if you have a fake or real one. Of course some colours could react differently on other skin tones.

Whitney6195

I didn't use a base at all underneath those swatches I did. Just dipped by brush in a tiny bit of visine then a dipped my brush into a little bit of the pigment, and 'painted' it on my hand.
Ive washed my hands twice now since doing those swatches, and the blue has faded a bit, but its still there.
thmbdn.gif

Quote:
I just did a swatch wet on my hand and left it for several mins, then washed it with just a regular hand soap, and it didn't leave me a stain like yours. I didn't swatch it as thick (i couldn't get mine to swatch as dark as yours without using a base) but i didn't have a problem removing it just now. Maybe your wipe just didn't do a very good job?

jazm1n3s

Oh well, if it makes you feel any better, I have experienced the staining myself on both my lids and brush (which I still couldn't get off, even though it didn't touch anything with alcohol in it) before, and I too, wondered if mine was fake because I got it in a swap from MUA. But she swore it was real because she bought it herself at the MAC counter and I have also posted pictures here on Specktra and everybody said it was real.

I guess Sweet Sienna just reacts differently on different skin tones, since we're the only ones experiencing the staining
ssad.gif

Whitney6195

That is so crazy! My sister swears she thinks its fake. But I have a fake pigment and the texture of it is horrible! This one is so smooth and creamy-like, just like my other pigment samples (which I know are authentic)

I am leaning towards its real..but I guess I could very well be wrong.
Im uploading pictures of the jar now, but my iphone pics aren't that great LOL

Quote:
Oh well, if it makes you feel any better, I have experienced the staining myself on both my lids and brush (which I still couldn't get off, even though it didn't touch anything with alcohol in it) before, and I too, wondered if mine was fake because I got it in a swap from MUA. But she swore it was real because she bought it herself at the MAC counter and I have also posted pictures here on Specktra and everybody said it was real.

I guess Sweet Sienna just reacts differently on different skin tones, since we're the only ones experiencing the staining
ssad.gif

Darkness

I've just checked my jar and yours looks similar to mine too. Although like jazm1n3s said there are more experts on here who will confirm it for you.

panda0410

I remember that thread, and I had difficulty with it myself. I thought you said it didnt stain you blue Jasmin? It stained your skin grey-ish (which can be normal for this pigment) and only your brush blue? The brush you had cleansed IIRC and the blue on the brush may have been exposure to residue from the cleanser - that was the conclusion I drew from your posts anyway,please correct me if I am wrong. I never said staining SKIN blue was consistent with authenticity and I'm pretty sure MAC wouldn't sell a pigment this colour that stained blue after simply swatching it.... they test rigorously and I dont think that would pass quality control tests.

Whitney are you using an alcohol based skin toner or cleanser by any chance? Or had perfume on your hands/skin? This pigment - exposed to alcohol based products - does leech a blue dye (so do several others actually, Quietly, Kelly Green etc). But under normal use shouldn't stain at all. The jar looks authentic, but this colour was mass faked, and in jars that DIDN'T have the base insignia that we all look for as a first indicator of being a fake (there are many like this actually). Your Ladyship was mass faked in a similar jar - it *looks* real enough, but it actually isn't.

aussiemacluvrrr

Whitney, I noticed that you said this only happens when you apply it wet, and that when you want to apply it wet you use Visine to dampen your brush... Isnt that an eye drop?? Could it be that the ingredients in the eye drops are reacting with the pigment. Have you tried using something else apart from Visine to dampen your brush??