HELP! with Touching Up my Roots

shadowaddict

I had my hair colored in Feb and now I need to cover my re-growth. My natural hair is darker and I have a little gray. I now have auburn with highlights.

Can any of you recommend an at home product. I just hate to drop almost $100 for color touch up & tip. I’m trying to cut back on spending. I spent almost $300 for my color, cut, highlights, & tip. I love what she did, just trying to save.

Thanks

Caderas

i would do the root retouch with anything you can find at a beauty supplier that can lift your color to that auburn. (most box dyes and supplier colors only deposit color without lifting it) and then wait a little while to go back and have the highlights retouched!

MizzMelroseMood

Next time you go in ask her what color she's using(the brand,what volume developer) so you can easily re-touch ur roots at home. I would mix 1oz of each in a mixing bowl and apply it to ur roots with a color brush. For now I'd go into a beauty supply and ask for help with matching up the auburn shade. You def. don't need to pay $100 for a root touch up right now, you just need to get the right products.

GLAMORandGORE

maybe you should try going to a different stylist? there's plenty of good ones that don't charge an arm and a leg. $300 is way too much for a color. i always have arguments about costs with my coworkers :/ i just don't see how people can charge more than $30 for a haircut... end rant.

Latest posts