HELP!!!!worst ever has happened!!my 187 sheds!!

shimpaniac

yes,thats true!!!My worst nightmare of allllll times has come true.My brand new MAC 187 shed hair!!Honestly, if i were to lay down ONE makeup law, it would be that the ridiculously expensive 187 MUST NOT SHED!!
weeping.gif

I mean after the zillion great reviews i read before buying the damn thing, and the astronomical amount i paid for a BRUSH(JUST A BRUSH,OH GODDDD!!!
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
), THE LAST THING I SHOULD BE SUBJECTED TO SHOULD BE ITS DISINTEGRATION, AND THAT TOO AFTER LESS THAN THREE WEEKS OF USE!!

Well,to begin with,im one of those who believe it is not at all necessary to wash a brush after every use.I'm a clean freak,plus i never share makeup, so i really dont see any point.But since i use powder foundation,i had to clean it, coz it had blush remains on it from my last use.I didnt even use baby shampoo or the mac cleanser, which is wayyy stronger...i swiped it gently on a clean baby wipe, lo and behold!! It shed 3 full length hair and a few tiny ones (looked like tiny lash bits to me)...
th_remoteImage-61.gif

needless to say i nearly had a cardiac arrest...ive already returned some stuff to mac, being an impulse buyer...i really dont feel comfy taking this back too!!

so...tell me...is this normal or what??did it happen to u guys also?? am i judging too quickly? how should it behave??coz if it sheds at this rate, ill be left with the handle only by december! Im mega pissed!!!!!
ssad.gif

secondly, what do u suggest i do if i have only one 187, and i dont want the leftover from the last blush/msf wen i apply fresh foundation??because, frankly,i really dont think i'd want to clean it often after my recent tragedy!!
Id hugelyyyy appreciate ur input!!:confused:

me_jelly

My 187 and 188 hardly ever sheds - well, actually my 188 sheds one or two hairs once in a blue moon when I'm applying foundation (I'm guessing the wetness and heaviness of buffing the foundation into my face broke a few hairs) - but other than that, no abnormal shedding (i.e. it never sheds even during/after thorough cleaning with baby shampoo every week and swipping on a tissue with MAC brush cleanser daily in between uses). If yours sheds like crazy and you are taking care of it well, then take it back and get another one - sometimes there will actually be one or two defective brushes that will never stop shedding - happens to everyone once in a while, so no worries - it's still a great brush and definitely worth the money

BinkysBaby

I've had great luck with mine. I agree with Shimmer.....if it's bothering you, take it back. If you wanted a brush that sheds, you could have gotten one for half the price.

shimpaniac

well....err...was wondering if i shud take it back when i read something about cleaning brushes on lara's website...lov u for it lara...
it said u must not SWIRL your brush...it causes shedding...and thats exactly what i'm guilty of doing.
weeping.gif

So lets see how it fares if i dont use circular motion...thanx anyway, girls!!!!i appreciate the help..
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

All of my longer-haired brushes have shed (including 187), but of course, that was during the first few times I used them. If it's first shedding now after 3-weeks of use, then I'm afraid there may be something wrong with it. My brush shed a few tiny hairs and a few long hairs the first like 3 uses, but now it's pretty stable and I've had it since January. =/ I dunno.

yoonjungifer

My 187 sheds occasional hairs but not to the point where I almost have a cardiac arrest, lol. I've seriously found maybe 5 hairs at most and I've had mine for about 3-4 months now. I don't think you should freak out though. Try using it and washing it with baby shampoo [or brush cleaner]. Maybe that'll get rid of some of the straggling hairs.

Also, I don't imagine why you wouldn't want to wash your brushes often. Imagine how much bacteria and stuff could build up while you aren't using it and then when you do, you're just putting it all on your face! >_>;;

and as for:

"secondly, what do u suggest i do if i have only one 187, and i dont want the leftover from the last blush/msf wen i apply fresh foundation??because, frankly,i really dont think i'd want to clean it often after my recent tragedy!!"

I would just buy another 187 or 188 ^_^

amoona

I don't understand why you use a baby wipe instead of MAC brush cleanser?! The brush cleanser is actually much better for the brush then a baby wipe because not only does it sanitize and clean but it conditions your brush hair. As for the shedding - all brushes will eventually shed hair. It just happens, your can't expect for every single hair to stay on the brush for as long as you have it. It's not a big deal but if you are bothered by it then like Shimmer said, just take it back. But trust me every brush I've ever owned (MAC and non-MAC) have always shed. It's not going to ruin your brush unless it's like a handful of hairs every single time.