Help!!

SpareMyHeart

Ok, so i've been recruited to do a friend's makeup tomorrow night.
I have a few questions since im still new to all of this.

She's got brown hair and eyes, beautiful brown skin and she'll be wearing a long flowly red gown. The theme is a midsummer's night dream. So what colors do you suggest I use on her??????

SpareMyHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
Smokey Shimmery purples, very MND and it looks great on brown skin and brown eyes.

I was thinking of a light purple or plum but I was afraid it would clash with the bright red.

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareMyHeart
I was thinking of a light purple or plum but I was afraid it would clash with the bright red.

I wore a plum and lilac eye to my prom and I had a cherry red cocktail dress. It looked good together.

Iridescence

I would do a green to black smokey eye... I think purple may clash a bit hun.

ooooo...gold would look so classy!!!! especially with red....you could maybe do a gold to green with black.

SpareMyHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescence
I would do a green to black smokey eye... I think purple may clash a bit hun.

ooooo...gold would look so classy!!!! especially with red....you could maybe do a gold to green with black.

Oohh I like that idea alot!
I wouldn't put to much emphasis on the green tho maybe a hint to bring in more color.Would go very well with the theme of the evening.

Iridescence

if you don't like the green idea, go with the gold, maybe add a bit of color like coppering to match the dress and then blend some carbon into the outer V..??

Kiseki

Hmm... Midsummer's Night motif, I would do gold, silver, and maybe some glitter, something to give your friend a very unnatural faeryish motif.

A smokey eye in gold with highlights on a well polished gleaming skin, try using something like Nars' Albatross Highlighter.

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
Hmm... Midsummer's Night motif, I would do gold, silver, and maybe some glitter, something to give your friend a very unnatural faeryish motif.

A smokey eye in gold with highlights on a well polished gleaming skin, try using something like Nars' Albatross Highlighter.

Silver would be nice.