help!

lebonheur

That's funny because I've had this happened with several of my girlfriends. At first I thought I was just paranoid and ticked off for no good reason or maybe I was over-analyzing the situation but it's happened to me with more than one friend. I think over time and as you get older, these things won't really matter as much anymore. It's a bit flattering because I think it tends to happen when one friend has a more dominant personality while the other has a more flexible one where it may come almost naturally to them to be influenced by your habits, likes, or dislikes.

When I was in high school, I remember being really angry at my best friend at the time who began to dress like me, had the same aspirations in life as me, got her hair cut just like me at the same time, etc...so much so that people began to think of us as one person and I remember one time a random stranger stopped us just to ask if we were twins. Now looking back, I feel silly for really wasting my time being angry at her.

I think these things tend to happen when you're really close with someone - you adopt their mannerisms or habits but I don't think the other person realizes that they're doing it.

Maybe you can gently tell her what's bothering you but it's hard to tell someone these things without offending her. I never confronted my friend and instead I chose to flee. I began to distance myself from her, ignoring her, and became close with our other girl friends. Looking back, it may have not been the best thing to do because I did lose her as a friend and sometimes wish I had told her how I feel. I think these things tend to feel like a bigger problem in high school when you're trying so hard to develop your own identity but as you grow older, everyone in one way or another will develop their own personalities.

MiCHiE

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.......or a sign that you're dealing with a no-life psycho.