Help!

Avozilla

So, I live in New Mexico, where the humidity is rarely over 10%, no kidding. I have an incredibly hard time growing my hair and keeping it hydrated. I was thinking about picking up some more conditioners. I've heard some good things about Ojon (I've also heard it stinks >_<). I don't wanna shell out the money for some of the high end stuff to find out it sucks, ya know? So what do you ladies use? What do you suggest I use?

MzzRach

One of my go-to heavy duty conditioners is Heavy Cream Treatment from Redken - readily available at Beauty Supply stores and works really well (my hair is dry and colour treated). I used to use Terax Crema and find the Redken works just as well (if not better) and is much more affordable, IMO.

MACLovin

Coconut oil!! Your hair will feel like silk, trust me!

Just get some raw coconut oil from Whole Foods, or any health food store.. it comes in a big jar, and I think it's about $10 but you can use it for your skin as well as your hair..

So what I do is before I shower, I just wet my hair and then take some of the oil out of the jar and put it in an empty baby food jar. You have to heat it, but do it slowly by putting the jar in another bowl filled with hot water, just high enough to heat the contents (of course don't get the water in the jar). Then i just pour a little in my hands and work it through the lengths of my hair in sections (i wouldn't get it too close to your scalp because your hair will be greasy for days, haha). Then i put it up in a clip and/or shower cap and leave it in for as long as I can.. sometimes a few hours if i'm just loafing around the house. Then wash and condition your hair like normal. It will feel really soft afterward!
greengrin.gif

Avozilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
OOO Im going to try the coconut one!

That's what I was thinking! Thanks so much!